December 2011 Moms

big case of the "don't wants"

I've got 5 more weeks of teaching left....maybe 5 more weeks of teaching period. I'm so unmotivated to finish this year!

Things are still up in the air for next year.  I haven't found a teaching job I really want that is closer to me, but I have my eye on some that I am considering.  I have to admit though, now that we are financially able to have me stay home, I'm not looking THAT hard.  I'm also considering a few options outside of the schools, which I am excited about.  I was feeling like I needed a change- maybe a change of pace and a new job (or no job!) will do the trick!

My students are taking advantage of the fact that I'm not coming back.  For the first time this year, my 5th period talked me in to releasing them 2 minutes early to get to the cafeteria for chicken fried steak day in the cafeteria.  They were so thrilled :) I'm going to miss these kids!

Re: big case of the "don't wants"

• I know it is sometimes stressful to be up in the air, not knowing what's going to happen next, but you sound pretty relaxed actually. I hope you will find a fulfilling new challenge, whether it be a new job, a new teaching job or being a SAHM.

Too funny that your students did that, smart! 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Just stopped in and saw this...I am thrilled for you that you are not going back! It sounds like you know in your heart what you want to do. I officially resigned recently and it was hard, but felt so right!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ricola!  Yes, I'm shocked that I am this calm about it. I don't like things normally being up in the air, but I'm at peace with it.

Kwinkle, I sent you a long overdue email! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"