Baby Showers

At least you own it

I received a FB invite to a 2nd shower from a friend that I haven't seen in a few years, I was one of 300people invited, she already has a 2yr old girl but this one is a boy so she "needed" a new one. I looked over her registries because I was curious, and she put them on Facebook a few times. She has over 200items including many items for her daughter! So today is her shower and all last night she posts pictures of her cake that she made, I didn't know this and posted how great her host was because her cake was pretty. She fully admitted to throwing her own shower since no one offered, and that she knows it's tacky but "babies are expensive, especially when you have a toddler." I have to wonder how some people became so entitled.

Re: At least you own it

• imageMzCurnett8886:

*I was one of 300people invited

*she already has a 2yr old girl

*She has over 200items including many items for her daughter!

*She fully admitted to throwing her own shower since no one offered, and that she knows it's tacky but "babies are expensive, especially when you have a toddler." 

For these reasons, I absolutely wouldn't go. This is my first child, and I've been buying many things second hand, in colors that are neutral specifically for the reason that I can re-use them should my husband and I decide to have another child.  

I can completely understand throwing a second shower for someone that has fallen on hard times. But for someone to be so entitled to throw her own shower, register for over 200 items (I don't think I registered for that many...and this is my FIRST child), AND put stuff on the registry for her daughter? Absolutely not.

It's her responsibility to care and provide for her children, not any of the 300+ people that she invited to this thing. I truly hope that you don't go. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • Yikes!  Yes, babies are expensive and they don't get less expensive as they grow up.  If they were having financial issues they should have waited to have a 2nd child (or not had a 2nd child).
  • Honestly?  They act entitled because it works.  Because people accommodate their bull$hit and bring gifts.
  • imageRoxyLynn:
    Honestly?nbsp; They act entitled because it works.nbsp; Because people accommodate their bullhit and bring gifts.

Actually out of 300 invited she said 8went that wasn't including her, her SIL or mother. I did not attend because I didn't want to encourage crp like that.
  • imageMzCurnett8886:
    imageRoxyLynn:
    Honestly?nbsp; They act entitled because it works.nbsp; Because people accommodate their bullhit and bring gifts.
    Actually out of 300 invited she said 8went that wasn't including her, her SIL or mother. I did not attend because I didn't want to encourage crp like that.

HAHAHAHAHA! Serves her right!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Good for you. I don't understand this new wave of FB invite. I would never attend a  important event like a shower with such an impersonal casual invite. Especially if every contact was invited regardless if this was a second shower or not. Talk about a gift grabby event.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"