High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Sigh...not good

Well, it looks like things took a turn for the serious since my OB appt yesterday..

It looks like Connor went from the 19th percetile (at 28 weeks gestation) to the 5th percentile (at 35 weeks gestation) 2 weeks ago. So, 95% of babies are bigger than him at this gestational period.

I have to go to a perinatologist next Wed for an in depth ultra sound to measure his weight and height and other imperative statistics and functions. They will decide if he needs to come out now and stay in the NICU so they can feed him and help him grow outside my womb or not.

I gained 4 lbs this last week (biggest gain this entire pregnancy) - 19 lbs total this pregnancy so far. So, I have decided not to eat pasta any more and to eat less of what I have been eating lol.

I'm still dilated at 3cm

Feeling very confused...all my appts had gone very well up until 2 weeks ago and everyone said he was looking great, small, but great. 

Re: Sigh...not good

• Options

aww, sorry to hear! Hope everything goes good for sweet Connor!

• Options
    Everything will be fine!! Keeping you in prayers tonight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't know what IUGR is, but I don't think it applies to me since I've never heard anything about those letters from my OB or nurses. Or any phrases that match those abbreviated letters. 

I do have gestational diabetes and hypertension, though. I can't just gorge and eat whatever I want since carbs turn into sugars, which in turn, raise my blood sugar levels. He was 5lbs at his 35 week check up, and I will be 38w3d when he gets checked again, so I'm pretty sure he will have gained 1 pound by then...Hoping for a 5.5lb+ baby at birth :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"