Cloth Diapering
Options

Swim diapers?

Hi all,

I'm confused about the swim diapers...does a prefold or anything go underneath it?  It is just meant to hold the poo in and the pee flows out?  DH's family is planning a trip this summer and I thought I had better have a handle on this before we're heading off on our adventure! 

Re: Swim diapers?

• Options
    No prefold or insert goes in.  It is meant to keep the poop in and the pee out.  Disposable swim diapers do the same thing.  So don't put LO in the swim diaper until they're ready to go in the water.  Not good in the carseat on the way to the water.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

imagenamara5532:
    No prefold or insert goes in.  It is meant to keep the poop in and the pee out.  Disposable swim diapers do the same thing.  So don't put LO in the swim diaper until they're ready to go in the water.  Not good in the carseat on the way to the water.

What she said. I found using a pocket diaper with no inserts worked best because I could get a much better/snug fit. I had one with crummy Velcro so just designated it my swim diaper.

The actual swim diapers I bought never worked for us. Most were a pull on/off design and DS is so tall and skinny they always gaped at the leg and waist with no way to adjust the fit. This led to one very mortifying pool accident.  

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageemsrdh03:

imagenamara5532:

What she said. I found using a pocket diaper with no inserts worked best because I could get a much better/snug fit. I had one with crummy Velcro so just designated it my swim diaper.

The actual swim diapers I bought never worked for us. Most were a pull on/off design and DS is so tall and skinny they always gaped at the leg and waist with no way to adjust the fit. This led to one very mortifying pool accident.  

Yikes!
  • Options
    There are iPlay swim diapers on mamabargains right now. We've never every had an issue with the pull-on design, and DS is pretty skinny. You just need the right size.
  • Options

imagetokenhoser:
    There are iPlay swim diapers on mamabargains right now. We've never every had an issue with the pull-on design, and DS is pretty skinny. You just need the right size.

iPlay were the ones I tried. I first bought the size based on his weight. It was so big it fell down. I went one size down. Still too big. So I exchanged again for the  smallest size they have. It seemed to fit ok but still a little loose in the waist and legs. Just goes to show every kid is different and what works for one doesn't work for all. It's a shame too. I really liked the iPlay diaper. Cute and very well made! 

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"