Special Needs
Options

New updated EEG

Hi all,
Thank you all for the replies to my post about my daughters recently possible seizures. Just wanted to update everyone. We are scheduled for a 1 and 24 hour EEG next wed and Friday, respectively. When we were at the er on Sunday night. The doctor was in conversations with our ped, and told us to call her Monday morning and she will be working on getting us in for the EEGs either Monday or Tuesday. Well, I finally got a call back from her, after 2 calls in to her nurse, and she got us set up for next week. I said that I wanted it earlier, and she said it was lucky we got in that soon, as the neurologist is booked till nov. so, that wasn't good enough for me, so I packed G up and we made the 3.5 hour trek to mayo clinic. We got in through er, and had 2 er physicians and the ped neurologist exam us. The neurologist also saw 2 episodes, which were more mild in nature than the others. The neurologist said it didn't look typical, but she couldn't rule out seizures. She thought it may even be GI or behaviorally related. Whatever it is, all 3 doctors didn't feel that it was an emergency situation nor was going to cause brain damage. She had 30 episodes on Sunday, which had us at our er, had 12 on Monday and 6 on Tuesday. I thought they were going away, and sent her to daycare yesterday. She ate well, which was weird, because she was spitting out solids, or had most of these episodes around mealtime. She had none according to day are and didn't have one at dinner, and ate well all day! She even ate a whole brat for dinner she eats so little that this was awesome! I was thinking maybe it was a bad dream, then I have her a spoon with mango pure on it, and she had 15 eye rolls in a row and seemed uncontrollable. I am going to call our ped today, but I don't get it! What is going on? She is a feeding refuser, so I don't know if this is related or not. 80 of these episodes are around mealtime, but not all. Any thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New updated EEG

• Options
    Oh, and thanks for the insight about PTU. I called the helpline and talked with a Mom of a child with PTU and she thought it may be that. Hope so!!!!!!
  • Options
    They didn't specify on the GI issues. With your LO had these attacks that were behavioral were they still registering seizure activity?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"