Cloth Diapering
Options

Tide Clear & Free

I wanted to double check that this is completely save for my best bottoms diapers + liners. Has anyone's baby been sensitive to this brand? I want to stock up but wanted to ask around first. :)
Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
Lilypie - (6yLP)

Re: Tide Clear & Free

• Options
    According to the Pinstripes and Polkadots website Tide Free and Clear is not a good option. I have been using All small and mighty Free and Clear which they give 4 gold stars. It has to be small and mighty not the regular All free and clear. It has worked well for me. I like that it is cheap and that I can buy it at Target.
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member

I can't remember why, but regular Tide is supposed to be better for Diapers than the Free & Clear Tide.  I think it's because it cleans better. 

I started using the Free & Clear, and DS didn't have any reaction to it. I later switched to regular Tide.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have also heard not to use Free and Clear and have heard good things about the Original Tide Powder (though this could void any warranty if you have one on your diapers).  I personally use Hard Rock Rockin' Green because we have such hard water and this does help...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Tide F&C has been just fine for me.

Rockin Green gave me repelling diapers in less than two weeks.

IMO, "the rules" of cloth diaper detergents are 99% made-up bullcrap. 

• Options

I've been using Tide F&G liquid or powder for over a year now and now issues.  We can't use the regular scented Tide's because they give my son a rash. 

I haven't found a "cloth diaper" detergent that doesn't either give us ammonia or make the diapers stink like a wet dog. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:

IMO, "the rules" of cloth diaper detergents are 99% made-up bullcrap. 

Im starting to think the same thing. All the cloth approved ones left me with stink issues. Switched to Tide Free and Clear and all was right in the world. I know most people say the enzymes in Tide make them not CD safe, but I swear its what keeps them clean! 

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Options
    I also use Tide F&C and have had no issues.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"