May 2012 Moms

Almost ready!

So Lucas's party is may 5th I'm almost ready I think! I have the table cloth, napkins, silver wear, cup and plates bought. I made the scavenger hunt, the decorations, his outfit and the favors. The menu is planned just have to buy food this week. Cookies are in the freezer, need to make the cake on Friday. Biggist thing I need to clean the whole house!! But it does no good to start before Friday since it will get gross again. Oh yeah need to make the pin the tail on spot game!

How are you all doing with planing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled

Re: Almost ready!

• Nice! I bought frozen and snack things already, if everyone comes there will be 30, but I'm guessing a bunch will flake. I'm going through some crazy nesting phase where I feel the need to get things baby proofed and install things like an ikea pax wardrobe system. I'm not sure why I felt the need to do this now, but it was the same way before I gave birth. Luckily we are about half way done installing it, I forgot the closet rods but can pick some up when I go to Costco for moregroceries. I am a bit behind schedule on making decorations and favors, but those aren't critical do I'm not stressing out yet. So I guess lo's present from us this year is a closet system :-) However I feel it will be much safer to bolt that to the wall than to continue with the open shelving that I didn't want in the first place, but that my husband installed because his friend asked his to store it for him for a few months. Tomorrow I think I will make and freeze cupcakes to get ahead of the game.
  • Corbin's birthday was last Friday, and we had his party on Sunday. We had only invited our parents and siblings, my best friend, my aunt who was visiting from out of state, and DH's grand parents and great aunt and uncle, and my best friend ended up having to cover a shift at work and Dh's grandparents just never showed up. Nice, huh? Rsvp that you are coming and then don't show up or even call. But I won't get into that!

Although my mom assured me the party went perfectly smoothly I feel like it was a disaster but it could just be because I was so stressed and annoyed. I ran around for the entire week before like a crazy woman trying to make sure everythig was perfect. I think next year we will do what I originally wanted to do and just have pizza and cake with our parents.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Loading the player...
  • DD's party is tomorrow! im making her cake tonight and have to go buy food in a just a bit! it went buy so fast... I made her outfit (im so proud of it lol!)... t-24 hours till!
       EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"