Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Anyone do Giraffe theme?

I've post a picture of our inspiration - which is pretty much gender neutral with giraffe accents...

I was wondering if anyone else has done a giraffe theme and how they incorporated them? We did the walls a light, but not too light grey and the wall the crib is on is chevron (grey and white). We have hints of yellow added in the room as well. 

I've purchased a stuffed animal giraffe from target, it was too cute to pass up! I also scored a giraffe like statue type thing from target - it was wrapped in yarn and is just the neck up.

I'm really just wondering how I could incorporate giraffes without overdoing it? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone do Giraffe theme?

• Options

I think our themes are somewhat similar!! Although I have some elephants and owels, too. I have the same giraffe decor piece that you are talking about from Target, too, but got the rhino and the antelope that came in the same series with them.

I have picked up a frame from BBB that has two giraffes on it, and planning to do a DIY art work that would be silouhettes of a giraffe and an elephant, kind of like these:

imageimage

I also have bought these hooks from Anthro for hanging stuff (don't know what yet!!!)

I have this owel lamp, too:

I also have this elephant in the room:

• Options
    imageTX-Bride:

I think our themes are somewhat similar!! Although I have some elephants and owels, too. I have the same giraffe decor piece that you are talking about from Target, too, but got the rhino and the antelope that came in the same series with them.

I have picked up a frame from BBB that has two giraffes on it, and planning to do a DIY art work that would be silouhettes of a giraffe and an elephant, kind of like these:

imageimage

I also have bought these hooks from Anthro for hanging stuff (don't know what yet!!!)

I have this owel lamp, too:

I also have this elephant in the room:

I have an elephant statue I scored at a yard sale about a year ago that I haven't have any use for and bought it because it was sooo cheap! I think the owner of it said it was granite - I just fell in love with it and couldn't stand to leave it. I was considering doing a few elephants also. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSandAndsSea:

We have brown giraffe bedding (Carter's I think) with blue/orange/green dots in DS's room. 

Since babies aren't suppossed to use blankets, we hung the comforter with a curtain wire/clips on one wall.

We have these alphabet animal flashcards hanging on one wall with clips on curtain wire.  It's super cute.

https://www.amazon.com/Actopus-Zelephant-Alphabet-Cards-Pkg-Animal/dp/B002FVZBYM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1366651577&sr=8-3&keywords=alphabet+animal+cards

I love the animal flashcard idea. Might have to steal that ;) 

• Options
    imageSandAndsSea:

We have brown giraffe bedding (Carter's I think) with blue/orange/green dots in DS's room. 

We have that bedding too. It's called Tall Tales by Carters. I like it, but without the bumpers or the blanket, it's just a white sheet with dots on it. :(

Skip Hop just added a giraffe theme to their complete sheet line up: https://www.skiphop.com/product/completesheet_giraffesafari.html

We just got the sheet from that set a couple weeks ago and I love it!

Here are a couple of my blog posts of what we did. Note: We've moved 3 times (rented & couldn't paint) and I've had two DD's use this theme so that's why things are changed around in some of the pics.

https://babyped.blogspot.com/2010/11/as-room.html

https://hellocbl.blogspot.com/2012/06/natalies-room.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was team green, so I chose really modern fabric for the curtains, bed skirt, and to recover the glider and did a white crib sheet.  Then I accented with giraffes.  So a fun giraffe picture on the wall, giraffe changing pad cover, large giraffe stuffed animal, a few giraffe books displayed on a shelf etc.  That way the room had a modern feel that would grow with my child and the giraffe accents could be played with and changed out as my child grows.  I run into giraffe themed items a lot more than I ever expected to, but like you, I didn't want to overdo it.  I think a few planned accent pieces will go a long way :)  I LOVE the start you have described.  That sounds awesome and like it will be really pretty with some giraffe accent pieces.  Maybe a giraffe themed pillow for a chair would be another way to work it in.  I looked for ideas on Etsy and Pinterest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagefirefIy:
    I was team green, so I chose really modern fabric for the curtains, bed skirt, and to recover the glider and did a white crib sheet.nbsp; Then I accented with giraffes.nbsp; So a fun giraffe picture on the wall, giraffe changing pad cover, large giraffe stuffed animal, a few giraffe books displayed on a shelf etc.nbsp; That way the room had a modern feel that would grow with my child and the giraffe accents could be played with and changed out as my child grows.nbsp; I run into giraffe themed items a lot more than I ever expected to, but like you, I didn't want to overdo it.nbsp; I think a few planned accent pieces will go a long way :nbsp; I LOVE the start you have described.nbsp; That sounds awesome and like it will be really pretty with some giraffe accent pieces.nbsp; Maybe a giraffe themed pillow for a chair would be another way to work it in.nbsp; I looked for ideas on Etsy and Pinterest.

I don't know how to explain it, but my mom has a life size, not giraffe size of course, giraffe statue that she is giving me to put in the room. I died when she told me I could use it in the nursery! I'm obsessed with giraffes... Haha obviously LO is going to have to live with it!
  • Options

Are you ladies my sisters from another mother? I LOVE giraffes.

I had a little stuffed toy giraffe that was my fave when I was a tot. And in my childhood home, we had a large central hallway with the upper level that wrapped around it balcony style. I would pine over having a pet giraffe that could live on the ground floor and I could feed it from my room on the second floor! :)

I recently found my little stuffed  giraffe and will be washing it and putting it in baby's room.

• Options
    I bought a giraffe rug from overstock and a four foot high stuffed giraffe made by Melissa and Doug off amazon for 50. Both totally cute
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"