June 2012 Moms
Options

Sauce?

This May be silly ladies but I have read numerous times some of you making lo's noodles and sauce. I'm wondering what actual sauces you are using ? Tomato, etc? I'm in serious need of new ideas to feed lo as baby food is basically done it seems. Thanks! 

Re: Sauce?

• Options
    Marinara sauce...We gave DS some speggetti w/ marinara sauce and he liked it fine...messy but yummy to his tummy! Stick out tongue
  • Options
    Marinara sauce from trader joes. Would love to make my own eventually but for now this will do. He doesn't eat a ton but likes to munch on pasta. Very messy though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've done marinara, bolognese, and alfredo. All home made, no salt in the tomatoes or added.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have done canned sauce.  She gets so little of it I am not worried about the sodium.
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options
    I don't have anytime to make my own food. She jets the jarred sauce and loves pasta with butter, alfredo, tomato sauce, cheese sauce,etc. She gobbles up all pasta. Its one of her favorite foods.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Same as the pp. We have used canned and homemade of the usual sauces. I have also just covered pasta in some ricotta cheese as a sauce, avocado and yogurt sauce and pumpkin. Its all gone down the hatch without an issue and it mixed it up a bit. And sneaks
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageStarbear06:
    Marinara sauce from trader joes. Would love to make my own eventually but for now this will do. He doesn't eat a t
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Going to give it a try!
  • Options
    Too much tomato sauce gives DD diaper rash so I usually do half tomato (same as we're having) and half veggie puree (usually carrots or sweet potatoes).  You can really do any veggie/meat puree as a "sauce" if you want.

image   image

• Options
    imageanonsouthernbell:

imageStarb
  • Options
    imageStarbear06:
    imageanonsouthe
  • Options
    Oh and you can use whatever kind of tomatoes you like/have..my husband doesn't like chunks so I buy tomato pur?e and typically the Meir glen brand, but I have bought the San Mariano before too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"