Natural Birth
Options

39 Weeks - Thoughts/Advice?

I'm almost there!

I saw the CNM today and we discussed a plan for what happens if I don't go into labor on my own by next week.

My next appointment is Thursday and I'll be 40w 2d.  I agreed to let her check my cervix at that point.  After the appointment, I'll go for an ultrasound to check fluid levels and as long as baby is okay, she'll let me go until the 8th or 9th.  Induction will be scheduled for one of those 2 days, which will put me at 41w 1-2d. 

I'm not thrilled about the induction being scheduled QUITE so early... however, I get whatever doctor/midwife is on call, and on those 2 days, it's the other CNM (who I also love).  They of course won't induce me over the weekend, so I'm assuming my options would be to either induce a little earlier with the CNM or wait until Monday and be with one of the doctors (who I don't know any of them well enough to have much of an opinion on).

I know I'm only 39 weeks, but I feel a lot of pressure to get things moving here!  I am absolutely terrified of being induced and want to avoid it at all costs.  I've been bouncing/rocking on my exercise ball and eating lots of pineapple, also walking when I can. Tomorrow, I might make a trip to the organic/health food store and look for some RRL tea.  Sex is a rarity, but I can work on that.  So far, I've had absolutely no signs of labor coming.. just some cramping that comes and goes.

Any other suggestions to get the ball rolling?  Do you think I'm making a mistake by agreeing to an induction so early?  I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on my situation.  I know I am probably over reacting at this point, but it's hard not to be antsy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 39 Weeks - Thoughts/Advice?

• Options
    It's really up to you. Personally I would never agree to an induction before 42 weeks unless there was a medical reason for it regardless of who was on call at my hospital . I went to 42 weeks with my first before going into labor on my own and even thoug
  • Options
    I had my first one day before my due date while DD was born at 41wks 3days. I had agreed to an induction at 41wks 5 days which was a Monday. I had to really push to get my doctor to "allow" me to go that long. She wanted to do 41 weeks on the dot. <
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageheadgear03:
    It's really up to you. Personally I would never agree to an induction before 42 weeks unless there was a medical r
  • Options
    If you lived in Europe, you wouldn't even by due until 41w. The average non-induced FTM gives birth at 41w, 1d. IMO, I wouldn't even think about putting a dat to it until you are into 41 weeks. Induction increases the risk of c/s. I'd rather not know
  • Options

imagepixieprincss:
    If you lived in Europe, you wouldn't even by due until 41w. The average non-induced FTM gives birth at 41w, 1d.
  • Options
    i dont know if you will find it helpful, but with ds #2 i was induced but i talked to the ob/midwife(didnt know who was getting ended up w/a stranger ob) basically what i did was tell them they were not to start me off at a high dose of pit(most women sta
  • Options
    For my first especially, I would be pushing back and being "difficult" up to 42w, not merely a couple days past 41w.    There's no reason to induce just because it's hospital policy that your pregnancy only lasts so long.
  • Options
    My first was born at 41w exactly, talking about induction this early (although it doesn't seem that way) doesn't make sense. So much can happen in two weeks! And putting this additional pressure on you will likely not help the cause. I almost feel like yo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageheadgear03:
    It's really up to you. Personally I would never agree to an induction before 42 weeks unless there was a medica
  • Options
    When's the next time the CNMs are on call? Will they show up if you're not induced? I would push back and wait until 42 weeks even before consenting to an induction.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

I'm due the same day and my OB is super laid back, he begrudgingly talked about inductions with me because I needed him to give me reassurance that my pregnancy won't last forever and said he has no plan to discuss whether they're needed until I reach

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think she and I will have a talk about this when I go back on Thursday, and I will tell her that I'm not comfortable scheduling the induction before Monday the 13th (when I'll be 41w 6d).  I definitely don't think that's being unreasonable. I j

• Options

imageheadgear03:
    It's really up to you. Personally I would never agree to an induction before 42 weeks unless there was a medical r
    photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I talked to DH, he knows I've been stressing about it all day.  He's says he's ok with waiting until 42 weeks and backing me up at my appointment, as long as the ultrasound shows that everything is ok.  I feel a little better. I know tha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"