Babies on the Brain
Options

I'm Going to Be an Aunt! Need Advice :)

Hi everyone!

So, I just found out last night that my sister is pregnant! (Due in Nov). I am so excited :) Now, she was afraid to tell my parents, unexpected/unplanned pregnancy; but she's very happy, as is her boyfriend. I wasn't so shocked to hear their reactions, but a little surprised by what my mother told her.

My dad summed it up to being her decision, and seems delighted to being having his first grandchild. My mother gave the stunned silence, and lecture. However, is now getting into the idea. She asked my sister if I knew yet, to which she replied not yet. Then my mom said that I would be mad that I wasn't getting a child first, and she expected me to be the first one. :(

So, I told my sister how ecstatic I am. I kept my baby decisions a surprise from family (My husband and I planned to begin trying in August, and still do.) I told my sister this, and to keep it a secret. But why wouldn't I be so excited for her! It's not like, when I have a baby, that he/she won't be given proper adoration. And now, when we do have a baby, our child will have a cousin! So excited for my sister, and to be an Aunt!!!!

On to my point of this post. I want to get my sister something nice to say congrats again! I was thinking a basket with pink and blue balloons filled with nice things. Any suggestions? I want to get her a nice maternity shirt. (she's a fashionable girl, and I know that prices can add up). I'd also like to get a few things for the baby and something for her boyfriend. What do you think?

Thanks!

Re: I'm Going to Be an Aunt! Need Advice :)

• Options

I think any traditional parents would have to adjust to the idea of their child getting pregnant out of wedlock, but I am so glad your parents are coming around to the idea!

I am the youngest, but married young and expect to have children b

• Options

Thank you both for your ideas!

Mel: She is 12 weeks along now.

I didn't want to get overbearing and start going crazy, when she only just told me. So, I went fairly easy. I loved your ideas girls. I ended up getting a really cute bag

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww congrats!! Being an auntie is the best. I have two nieces and a nephew and they are amazing.

It's funny because both of my siblings aren't married and they both have kids and we are married and don't have kids. In fact, when we were gett

BFP 06/05/2013 | EDD 02/10/2014 | D&C 07/12/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"