Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Snacks

How often do you give your toddler a snack?  I was just giving him one in the morning between breakfast and lunch and in the afternoon after nap.  Lately, he's constantly asking for a snack.  I feel like he sits at the kitchen table eating more than he's down playing.

I don't want to deprive him if he's truly hungry, however it's starting to make an impact on his appetite for lunch and dinner.  Not sure if it's just a growth spurt or what?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

Re: Snacks

• Options
    I try to follow the rule of nothing an hour before or after a meal.  So DD usually has a morning snack and an afternoon snack.  I also try to do just veggies, fruit, and or cheese as a snack.  That way even if she fills up on that before a
  • Options
    DD has always eaten a morning snack(around 10) and an afternoon snack(around 4).  I never noticed an increase in snacks during growth spurts, but I do notice an increase in appetite in general, like she will basically eat the same amount as me for di
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS has his snacks around 10 and 3:30, give or take.

He rarely asks for it before I offer it and doesn't usually ask for more. However, if I were you I would just offer things that you wouldn't really mind being a part of his meal...like a fruit,

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    It's possible that it's a growth spurt. Maybe increase the size of his meals a little and see if it calms down the snacking. My daughter will only snack, lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We do 1 snack a day usually, unless he tells me he is hungry or starts having a melt-down kind of day (breakfast, lunch, nap, snack, dinner).  I try to keep it healthy; usually cheese, crackers, and fruit.  I think multiple snacks i

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies, for the great advice.  I always make the snacks healthy ones like fruits, veges, yogurt, nuts, homemade granola bars, etc.  And, I agree our little ones must work up quite an appetite with their activity levels.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"