Attachment Parenting

Best wraps/carriers?

When I had DS 3 years ago he was not a fan of the carrier idea, but now that we are planning for another baby Im thinking I will need a good one. After the baby is born I feel like I will need it for more free hands etc for DS and just to get normal day to day things done. Not to mention this whole attatchment parenting thing would be a lot easier this time around with a carrier vs. a baby who just wants to be held in your arms :) What are your reccomendations what wraps are best for baby?

DS born 5/15/2010

Trying for #2 Since April 18, 2013 

BFP July 18, 2014

EDD baby #2 March 28, 2015

Re: Best wraps/carriers?

• This is kind of like asking what the best brand of jeans is - everyone has a different favorite.

For me, I like a mei tai with a newborn (had an Infantino Wrap and Tie last time and upgraded to a Freehand this time), my Ergo from about 4 months o

• Thanks! Just trying to see if there is a favorite by far :)

DS born 5/15/2010

BFP July 18, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Most people like a stretchy wrap (ie moby) for the newborn phase. After that, like token said, it's all a matter of personal preference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • awesome! Thank you! That helps.. Wrap when really small then personal preference... So some little ones stay wrapped till a later age? While others prefer a carrier like the ergo.

DS born 5/15/2010

BFP July 18, 2014

• Thanks everyone! I am doing my research, so hopefully I end up with something the baby and I love!

DS born 5/15/2010

BFP July 18, 2014

• I'm a FTM but have been lurking and Ergo seems to overall get the most votes...not sure for a nb though.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • I use woven wraps exclusively.  My DD is now 2 years old & I still wrap her when out & about doing errands.  I have never tried any buckle carriers so I really can't speak on them, but there are a whole lot of variations with those too.&
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"