Natural Birth

How Long can you go after Due Date

Hey Ladies,

Im a FTM hoping to go natural.  Ive only talked to my doctor once about my birth plans to go natural, and he seemed like he would be on board (even though most of his patients get the epidural)

I only have 10 days before my due date, but I have a feelling she is going to come after.  From the the beginning, and especally at my at my most recent tweekly appointments my doctor has really pushed the issues that he dosnt like any of his patients to go over a week.  He has already even mentioned scheduling an induction.

I have had a very easy pregnancy so far with no complications, and I dont think I would be able to go natural if I was induced.  I have told him I would rather wait until she comes on her own, but he dosnt seem so supportive.  He kinda just laughs at me like "just wait".

Anyhow, has anyone delt with this issue?  How long could you go past your due date?  Anyone induced and go natural?

Thanks for your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How Long can you go after Due Date

• LEMSALEMSA member
    Not me personally. My friend was induced with cytotec piticin and was natural. She said it was hard but when she got in her "zone" of breathing pushing it wasn't bad. She was induced bc her water broke and she didnt progress well.

As far a
  • Doctors like yours kind of bug me.  My midwife (and most of the oBs I have come in contact with) are fine with you going past your due date.  It's the rare one that seems to think it's a due deadline, not a due estimate.  My midwife did say

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Loading the player...
  • I was induced and did it natural. I had my membranes stripped, foley bulb the next day, following morning started pitocin didn't progress that day and went off pitocin at midnight, started pitocin again in the morning and daughter was born at 4:55pm. I wi
  • With my first I had a doctor that was very natural-friendly. Actually, almost all of them are around here.  He told me that there is no due date.  There is a five week window (37 weeks to 42 weeks) in which you are expected to have your baby, an

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Both of my babies came on their own a few days after my EDD but my midwifery practice was fine with me going to 42 weeks and still delivering at the birth center. I would have had NSTs and an ultrasound if I went past 41 weeks to make sure everything loo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kegkeg member
    My OB is good with letting you go to 42 weeks with non-stress tests twice a week when you hit 41ish weeks.  I was scheduled to go for an induction the night of 41w4d because my doctor likes to start inductions on Saturday or Thursday nights because h
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• My midwives will let you go to 42 weeks, but ask that you do NSTs starting at 41 weeks to make sure there aren't any other issues.
  • I had until 42 weeks before induction with my first son, and about that with my second (I was fuzzy on my due date and a VBAC).

Have you talked to him about going for NSTs every few days if you go past 41 weeks? As long as you and the baby look

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I had my DS at 41 weeks and 6 days. My MWs are fine with up to 42 weeks with NSTs and an amniotic fluid check via ultrasound. I would be very leary of your doc pushing an induction so early. Typical FTMs go to 41 weeks and 1 day....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate the idea of being "allowed" to go a certain length of gestation.  Every woman, pregnancy and baby are different and thus, as PP said, there is a five week window of when the baby will probably be born.  You do not have to accept an ind

photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • My OB won't let a mom go past 41 weeks.  By that time, you're D-O-N-E anyways.  So if I hit the 41 week mark, I will be extremely happy to have the induction!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBCsSweetness:
    My OB won't let a mom go past 41 weeks.  By that time, you're D-O-N-E anyways.  So if I hit the 41 wee
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imageBCsSweetness:
    My OB won't let a mom go past 41 weeks.  By that time, you're D-O-N-E anyways.  So if
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• You already know this, but no one can force you to be induced, so do your research and figure out what your comfort level is.  

The recommendation for my office was induction on the evening of 41w6d.  So basically they wanted the baby o

• imagekriskell:

I hate the idea of being "allowed" to go a certain length of gestation.  Every woman, pregnancy and baby are di

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image   

BFP #2 03/01/13 EDD 11/12/13 MC and D&C 04/29/13 @ 12 weeks. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  

mean_girls_35345]       image BabyFetus Ticker

• With my last I went into labor naturally at 41wk 3days. My OB wanted to induce at 41 weeks and I wanted to wait till 42wks. We had agreed on inducing at 41wks 5 days, thankfully DD came before that. I did agree to have two non stress tests after my
  • This is a bit controversial, but I went 40w+18 before going into labor on my own. DS was 8lb, 12 oz, and looked just like a 40w baby. (Sometimes 42+ week babies come out extra wrinkly with no vernix.) Did it a

• I was induced at 40+15 and my placenta did show calcification (we knew that from the ultrasound i had a few days before), but it still functioned fine and did it's job.

Its an organ, it ages.  It doesnt mean its going to kill your baby if it

• I really have no intention of getting induced or stripping of membranes, or anything that just doesn't sound natural to me. My due date according to the docs is June 16 but with all ultrasounds i was measuring a week ahead, so i tell people June 10th beca
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"