Special Needs
Options

***lite-bright***

I know you're on this board sometimes, do I figured it was worth paging you :)

You are in the Denver area, correct? We are in Denver, too, and DS2 is currently in ST and OT (for feeding issues) through Rocky Mountain Human Services. He is going to be evaluated by the ACT team in May to evaluate for ASD, SPD, etc. did you use this service to get your daughter evaluated? Or did you go through a developmental pedi? Should I go to a dev. pedi in addition to the ACT eval? Our service coordinator has made it sound like this is the only eval we would need before starting child find at 3, but I just wasn't sure if that was your experience as well. If you did use a dev. pedi, I'd love a recommendation for where to start looking one.

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ***lite-bright***

• Options

Hi. :) 

I'm actually in the NW burbs. We used Legacy Counseling in Parker for dx (psychologist Molly White), b/c it was a shorter wait than Childrens and accepted our insurance even though they didn't end up paying for anything. :P 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    d.fd.f member

::butting in::

DS was also 3 before we (his preschool teachers) realized something was up so we never did EI. 

We went through Children's.   It was about 4 months to see the Dev Pedi who after the initial 90 minute appointment ref

DS 09/2008

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelitebright:
    Hi. :nbsp;I'm actually in the NW burbs. We used Legacy Counseling in Parker for dx psychologist Molly White, b/c it was
  • Options
    imaged.f:
    ::butting in::DS was also 3 before we his preschool teachers realized something was up so we never did EI.nbsp;We went through
  • Options
    d.fd.f member

From my own experience I would go ahead with the evals if you want to know or think it will benefit you in the form of services.  

I had several professionals (his school SLP, his pedi) tell me that they did not think DS was on the spectrum

DS 09/2008

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"