Attachment Parenting

Skin-to-skin vs. onesies

So I'm planning on having a lot of skin-to-skin with the baby for both me and Spouse once she's born. Do I still need that many onesies? Right now, I have 4 newborn onesies and 5 0-3 month onesies, as well as 1 0-6 month. I've read to plan for 2-3 changes per day and to have enough for a week, so 14-21 total. Obviously, I have less than that. But because I don't really plan on having her wearing clothes all the time, do you think that this is enough? Just curious to get an AP perspective on clothing needs. 

ETA: We live in Southern California, so it will definitely be warm enough, and I'm not worried about her being too cold.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Skin-to-skin vs. onesies

• You can buy more clothes if you need them. I didn't have that many, but my baby didn't spit up so he never needed more than one outfit per day.

I don't know anyone that really regretted NOT buying tons of clothes. 

• I would skip the onesies and buy a pack of side snap shirts instead. You can open the shirt up easily for quick skin to skin and close it easily for when you put the baby down. 

DS lived in those and the A&A swaddle blankets for at least

• Loading the player...
  • We did lots of onesies as outfits in warm weather in the early months.  I'll be honest with you - direct skin to skin in any sort of warm weather is a no go for me - nothing less cuddly than sticking to your baby ;)  I much preferred to have

• imagetokenhoser:

You can buy more clothes if you need them. I didn't have that many, but my baby didn't spit up so he never needed

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't buy any newborn stuff and had way too much just from gifts and hand me downs. I'd say I only needed 6 outfits each newborn and 0-3 max. She rarely spit up at that age, and using cloth diapers I didn't have leaks until she outgrew the absorbency o
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's still cold here so DD3 is generally in a sleeper or onesie and sleeper. We rarely need an outfit change though. I think you have plenty of onesies.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imagetokenhoser:

You can buy more clothes if you need them. I didn't have that many, but my baby didn't spit up so he never needed

• Agree.  You don't need a ton.  DS2 spits up every five seconds (literally) and so I've about given up on clothes too. :)  Onesies are great - add a pair of pants and you've got a going-out outfit too.  Also, my DS2 wore newborn size

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That sounds like enough.  My summer baby hardly wore clothes at all until the weather cooled.  Also it was so hot that I was usually shirtless at home too. 24/7 skin to skin!

Ahhh I miss those nudey newborn baby snuggles!!  Co

• I agree that too few is better than too many; you can always get more, and we didn't need a ton of clothes for the newborn period.

We get too sweaty for much skin to skin, though. It's the reason we're not bedsharing too; after 45 minutes we'
  • My LO lived in those kimono style side snap shirts, diaper, and blanket as a newborn. He was born at end of July.

PP brought up a good point - skin to skin in warm weather can = sweaty mess. 

We had waaaaay too many newborn sized clot

imageimage
  • Thank you thank you thank you! To everyone. =) 

None of what I have I bought; they were all from the shower. I didn't think about it being TOO hot for skin to skin but that is a great point. And I don't have any of those side-snap shirts, ar

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"