Dads & Dads-to-be

Friday Randomness

Happy Friday!  Just wanted to see what you guys have planned for the weekend, what you thought of the draft, is the weather improving in your neck of the woods?

I'm bored out of my mind at work.  The sun is shining outside and I'm stuck here for another 5 hours. 

Re: Friday Randomness

• PrimePrime member
    I know how you feel about being stuck in side.  Today is supposed to be the last sunny day for awhile here and I can't get out there for another 8 hours.

• PrimePrime member

Oh and for the draft... I was disappointed in what the Browns did.  Hopefully Barkevious Mingo will be a great contributor, but I don't think DE was a real need (even with the switch to 4-3 defense).  They said they had a trade in place and I wish they had taken it.  We have so many holes that we need more picks.  Now we won't pick again until the 3rd round.

On the plus side... we probably drafted the coolest name in the draft.

• Loading the player...
  • imagePrime:

On the plus side... we probably drafted the coolest name in the draft.

I haven't heard a name that cool since Timunga Biakabutuka. 

• We are going to a wedding Saturday. I am honestly not excited. It's at 3, my son's bedtime is at 7:30-8ish. My In-laws, who are very gracious in their free babysitting, are not really able to put him down to bed, so we're going to have to leave the wedding on the early side. It's fine, I'm not that big on dancing anyways.

This is shaping up to be one of those weekends where the whole thing is booked up ahead of time. I hope I get at least some break at night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageLuckyDad:

We are going to a wedding Saturday. I am honestly not excited. It's at 3, my son's bedtime is at 7:30-8ish. My In-laws, who are very gracious in their free babysitting, are not really able to put him down to bed, so we're going to have to leave the wedding on the early side. It's fine, I'm not that big on dancing anyways.

This is shaping up to be one of those weekends where the whole thing is booked up ahead of time. I hope I get at least some break at night.

Having worked at a banquet hall for two years in High School, and having attended every single one of my friends weddings, I can tell you that I have had my fill of wedding receptions.  I would be perfectly happy to never hear Mambo #5 again.

Concerning the weekends...I understand completely.  Especially during the summer, I can look at the calendar and realize that free time and weekends are two alien concepts.  I'm sure once LO is born I won't even know what free time is, weekend or not. 

• PrimePrime member
    imageLuckyDad:

We are going to a wedding Saturday. I am honestly not excited. It's at 3, my son's bedtime is at 7:30-8ish. My In-laws, who are very gracious in their free babysitting, are not really able to put him down to bed, so we're going to have to leave the wedding on the early side. It's fine, I'm not that big on dancing anyways.

We are traveling to my mother-in-law's wedding when the little guy is only a few weeks old.  I am really glad I will have the excuse to leave thanks to him.  I fully plan on taking advantage.

• imagePrime:
    imageLuckyDad:

We are traveling to my mother-in-law's wedding when the little guy is only a few weeks old.  I am really glad I will have the excuse to leave thanks to him.  I fully plan on taking advantage.

I actually really like the couple in question. I just miss being able to get tipsy without having to get up at the butt-crack of dawn the next morning. 

• imagefutant462:

Having worked at a banquet hall for two years in High School, and having attended every single one of my friends weddings, I can tell you that I have had my fill of wedding receptions.  I would be perfectly happy to never hear Mambo #5 again.

You'll be glad to hear it's rarely played at weddings anymore, at least around here. 

• imageLuckyDad:

You'll be glad to hear it's rarely played at weddings anymore, at least around here. 

I guess my friends are just a$$holes then.  Good to know.  I hope they like listening to La Bouche on repeat tomorrow.

• imagejack19:

As for the draft I dont mind the Jets pick at #9 of Milliner the CB from 'Bama but was scratching my head a little at the DT selection at #13 of Sheldon Richardson.  More of a 3 technique guy so don't know if we plan on spending more time in the 4-3 this year or if they have another plan but I defer to the organization.  They are pretty much in a best player available position regardless, lot of holes to fill  

Lot's of lineman this year, not even one running back in the first round.  I don't know if I should be happy about the Lions pick or not.  You could give them top 5 picks for a decade (which was pretty much the 2000's) and they still would find a way to take a crap on the field.

• PrimePrime member

In college we would all just stock up on beer, make a bunch of food and hang out in front of the tv for the draft.  Always a good time.

I haven't watched the draft since they went to the new format.

• At work, from now until 11. It's nice and hot out with barely any wind
  • As far as the draft goes... I like our pick.  Getting the 3rd best DE who compares to Watt and Kruger in a 3-4 at #24, not too shabby.  We need another player who can rush the passer besides Mathis.  Now we just need OL depth, maybe another CB and RB and Reggie Wayne's eventual replacement (I doubt that last one is coming this year, unless we trade into round 2).

As for my weekend... work. Downside to my job is that unless you have incredible seniority, you work weekends.  After work, I don't know... there is word that my mothers-in-law (yes, multiple mother-in-laws...kind of a long story) would like to see us, or namely the boys.   I have quickly learned that when people say "We would love to see you", it means "Bring the children because that is who we really want to see".

Weather looks to be getting better this weekend.

• I too have 2 sets of inlaws. I haven't been keeping up with the draft. But I've been stuck here listening to my co workers *** and complain to/about each other all night. No wrenches have gone flying yet though.
  • Well, I  technically have 3 mothers-in-law, however we don't have anything to do with one.  My wife's parents divorced when she was very young, her dad died in Desert Storm in a Black Hawk crash (his unit was the chopper pilots featured in the movie Black Hawk Down).  My wife didn't care for her step-mom much, so we don't really have any contact with her much, which leaves me 2 mothers-in-law still.
  • Studying for my finals and packing. It is for sure not going to be an enjoyable weekend. On the bright side weather down here in South Carolina is pretty awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"