November 2012 Moms
Options

The crib

So DS has never been a fan of the crib. It's not that he cries in it, but he just doesn't sleep. It's been this way since day 1. When he was a newborn and DH and I were desperate for sleep we let him sleep with us and by that, I mean ON me. To this day he naps on me for day naps and at night sometimes he still needs to be on me.
This is really starting to wear me out and I need to make a change. He is currently in his crib, doing what he always does, and that's kick. This can go on for over an hour and the moment I grab him to just be with me, he is out.
I never planned on bed sharing and I know I've created this but at 5 1/2 months things need to change!
Any words of advice or someone in the same situation?
My back thanks you!

Re: The crib

• Options

The only way I could break V of needing me to hold him was to do three nights of CIO. Nights one and two were ROUGH. By night three he only cried for an hour ( 3am-4 am) with me going in every 15 min. Now he is sleeping in his crib mostly every night u

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    transfer him to the crib once he is out? We started K in his crib for naps. When he would wake up I would let him just lay in there to get used to being in it. Since it is a diff surrounding/ environment. He is 5 months now and goes to bed in there just f

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me was like this in the beginning and we got a co-sleeper bassinet to put in between DH and I in bed. This (I think) helped her transition from sleeping on me to in a crib-like bed. She now sleeps in a pack n play still in our room.
  • Options

imageBecky520:
    Me was like this in the beginning and we got a co-sleeper bassinet to put in between DH and I in bed. This (I think)
  • Options

image143BabyCakes:
    transfer him to the crib once he is out? We started K in his crib for naps. When he would wake up I would let hi
  • Options

We had DS in a pack-n-play beside our bed, then he outgrew it, so then we used a co-sleeping bassinet in the bed, before finally sidecarring the crib to our bed.  

It gets him used to the crib (for whenever I can finally feel comfortable let

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Options
    imagekatigox:

We had DS in a pack-n-play beside our bed, then he outgrew it, so then we used a co-sleeping bassinet in the bed, bef

• Options

So I had the same problem. The first month LO needed to be held all the time. We had to sleep in shifts. She would flip over when swaddled, so we were kind of up a creek. Later  on LO's reflux was so bad that after a night feeding I had to hold he

• Options
    image143BabyCakes:
    imagekatigox:

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Options
    imagemaven212:
    So I had the same problem. The first month LO needed to be held all the time. We had to sleep in shifts. She would flip o
  • Options
    image143BabyCakes:
    transfer him to the crib once he is out? We started K in his crib for naps. When he would wake up I would let him jus
  • Options
    I'm glad it went OK! Think you can get the seahorse at BRU or through Amazon.

image   My chart 

• Options

imageGargita:
    I'm glad it went OK! Think you can get the seahorse at BRU or through Amazon.

Target has th

• Options
    imageChickie79:

imageCSmith8911:<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"