Secondary IF

WTF appointment

I'm feeling better (finally!). We are taking a breather for a few weeks so I'm on BCP and start lupron next week to shut my body down. I start med prep on May 13 and am schedule for an FET on June 8. It seems so far away, but I'm trying to be patient. My RE is throwing the kitchen sink at it, and we are doing everything possible to get my lining where it needs to be including some very new treatment. 

After our BFN, I really am leaning towards transferring 2, but my husband is hesitant. My RE said it's up to us, although he'd prefer 1. I'm really torn. And although I'm scared of a complicated/high risk pregnancy, my patience to get k/u is at zero. I'm not sure what I want to do. Getting a BFN in June, right before my birthday would majorly suck?

Any advice? 

Re: WTF appointment

• Sending lots of luck in whatever decision you make and condloences on the BFN. With our circumstances, I'd do 2, but everyone is different.

Also, what does WTF mean in terms of RE appointments-- is it RE specific or is it the standard "WTF" as it pertains to the general scheme of IF and fertility treatments?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• It is something you need to decide on your own, but for me I picked two and so did my RE, since I am 36 and  she felt that was better for us and will gives us better chances. 

Good luck with all your decisions and best of luck with your ET.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's the general "WTF"... sorry! :)

Thanks for your input. We don't have to decide how many embryos just yet, but I am leaning towards two, and my husband is hesitant. I just want to increase my odds overall. I'm so tired of treatments.

• imageKaselleck:

It's the general "WTF"... sorry! :)

Thanks for your input. We don't have to decide how many embryos just yet, but I am leaning towards two, and my husband is hesitant. I just want to increase my odds overall. I'm so tired of treatments.

No, thanks for explaining.  I lurk on the IF boards and see it often, but I can't really pipe up and ask on those boards.

Wishing you lots of luck!

Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• I'm glad you are feeling a little better! It's so hard to pick yourself back up. You have to go with what you feel is right. We just transferred two...pretty much for the reason that I just don't want to go through all of this again. We also ultimately decided that we were ok with twins. Although, I'm slightly terrified and am very anxious to find out what's going on in there! Good luck!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • I'm glad you are doing better.  It is so tough getting past the disappointment!  My lining has been getting thinner, I guess because of the Letrozole although I didn't realize it had that effect.  This past cycle, I was only at a 6.  Ugh.  Do you take Vitamin B6 for it?  I started that yesterday.

If I were in your shoes, I would transfer two without thinking twice.  But I was always okay with the thought of twins....

I hope you get a nice fluffy lining and are able to have your transfer on schedule!!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• If you and your DH would be ok with twins, then I would transfer 2.  But, if you are adamant that you would not want twins, then I would just transfer the one.  I figure, only transfer what you would be ok with if they both stuck,  Good luck!
    Me - 38 (Endo, DOR) DH- 41 Married in 2003, TTC for 6+ years Dec 2012 - Lap, both tubes removed Jan 2013 - IVF #1 - MDLF, Cancelled March 2013 - IVF #2 - Antagonist - cancelled after ER May 2013 - IVF #3 - TPP Antagonist W/HGH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"