Secondary IF

I just wanted to post an update...

I've been away from TB for a couple of weeks, but thought I should come back today and post about where I am...

I am currently on CD 17 of my first cycle under the RE's care. I had an u/s on CD 2, which showed one residual (19 mm) follie. He said it was nothing to worry about at this point, so I was clear to take Clomid from CDs 3-7. I did that, and suprisingly had no side effects! Very happy about that!

I went back for another u/s on CD 10. Everything looked great. I had 3, possibly 4 viable follies that were well on their way to maturity. My estradiol level was perfect, as was my uterine lining. So the next step was taking the hCG trigger shot on CD 13 (this past Monday). I did that, which was easy peasy (I was scared!), then DH and I got busy for a couple of days. Now we wait. The RE said I will likely get a period before my "2WW" is over if I am not pregnant.

I am currently testing out the trigger, and am still getting positives. I am expecting to see those for about a week or so?

Anyway, in the meantime, we got DH's SA results yesterday. He got really great results in all categories except for normal morphology. His rate was only 7%, and supposedly, they like to see greater than 14%. The doctor's note said that it does not usually cause a problem for people, but given the amount of time we've been trying, we can just go ahead and eliminate the "what if" part of the equation by moving on to an IUI with washed/concentrated sperm next cycle, if this one didn't work. So that's where we stand. Anyone else with similar SA results?

I started googling, and it turns out that 7% normal morph is actually a pretty good number, so I am not too worried about the DH side of things. As fascinating as this whole process has been this cycle, I just really hope I do not have to do it again! Crossing my fingers and saying my prayers for a bfp in another week or two! 

Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

Re: I just wanted to post an update...

• Good luck!
  • Good luck! I hope this is your BFP month! SO's morphology was somewhat abnormal, I can't remember the exact number, his motility was 3 percent and his count was a little low. My RE said that's not a definite no go. He said due to several different factors
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • imageIloveshanej:
    Good luck! I hope this is your BFP month! SO's morphology was somewhat abnormal, I can't remember the exact numbe
    Jimmie, mama to Zoey (March 2011)
    Losses 5/13, 8/13, and 3/14. 
    Expecting another GIRL! Carter Grace due on 12/25.

• imagejayellekay:

imageIloveshanej
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Best of luck! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck! I hope you get your bfp this cycle!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Good luck on this cycle!  It sounds promising.  I tested my trigger out once, and I gave myself the shot on a Thursday night, and the following Thursday was the first day with a bfn.  That was using Dollar Tree tests.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"