Blended Families

BD's Court Battle

Background: BD & I have a 4 yo DS. DH & I have also have a 4 mo DD. BD also has an almost 2 yo DD with his XGF/BM2.

BD and XGF/BM2 broke up last May. They started out rotating weeks with 50/50 time, and XGF/BM2 kept lengthening her visits and shortening BD's until BD no longer had visits. So BD has taken XGF/BM2 to court.

BD is asking for 50/50 with him being primary. They live in different states, about 3.5 hours apart. XGF/BM2 has countered with BD have zero visitation and zero rights. BD has an attorney, XGF/BM2 has an attorney, and their DD has a guardian ad litem.

Two weeks ago there was a pre-hearing where BD requested temporary visitation with his DD until a CO was put into place. BD was unable to attend due to his brand new job, but his lawyer was there. XGF/BM2 denied temporary visitation.

Now there is an official hearing Monday for BD to get temporary visitation until the CO is put into place. Fingers crossed that BD is awarded reasonable temporary visitation so DS can see his sister. 

Re: BD's Court Battle

• How would 50/50 work with them living so far apart? I've never heard of that. I feel like all that traveling back and forth would be taxing for the LO.
  • Did the judge just push the TO hearing back, or is this the CO hearing and TOs will be given out in addition till the CO is signed by all parties and put into the system?

Either way I wish him luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont see 50/50 working. I was told in order for 50/50 to work is either you live close enough that the child can get to school or the parent can drive the child to school. So the little girl would have to wake up 4 or 4 and a half hoursearly just to mak
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • imageSimpleJane:
    How would 50/50 work with them living so far apart? I've never heard of that. I feel like all that traveling back
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"