Military Families

Ft. Stewart

We are PCSing to Ft. Stewart soon  and I am trying to get information about the base. I went to their website and didn't find much. We fell  in love with Ft. Lewis and now it's time to leave. Can anyone tell me about Ft. Stewart and the surrounding area? T.I.A.
DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ft. Stewart

• Fort Stewart is awesome. I lived in the barracks so I can't tell you much about on post housing but the surrounding area is awesome. Hinesville is ok but Savannah, Richmond Hill, Tybee Island are all great. Richmond Hill is a highly recommended school

CJ 05/29/2013

• We've been here for 2.5 years, but this is our first station so I don't have much to compare it to. What exactly do you want to know?

Fort Stewart is about 30 minutes from Savannah and 45 mins to the beach. We're 2 hours from Jacksonv

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ft Stewart is a great post.  Hinesville is not a great town, however.  The housing on post looks nice on the outside but is very cheaply built.  You can get better off post depending on your husband's BAH.  I would also recommend li

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not a big fan of Ft. Stewart/Hinesville area in the least. Savannah is absolutely gorgeous though! River street is really nice and there are some great places to eat and shop downtown. Bonus, the beach is 45 minutes away from post.  Housing ki

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• Is the base large? How is the job market? I am in the counseling/human service field and I am not sure where to begin in looking for work.
  • Do you know what area I should look in for horse stables that offer boarding?
  • The base itself has a lot of acreage but the garrison area is really not that large. There is one PX and one Commissary. They are currently working on remodeling the PX. 4th Brigade has a brand new gym which is very nice.

There is a privat

• Thank you sweethurricane you have been very helpful. If you don't mind I would love to pm you if I have other questions. Thank all of you ladies I really appreciate all the information. I am currently at Richmond Hill to see what it has to offer. I am gla
  • PM me any time :)
  • Hinesville itself doesn't have much to offer as far as jobs in your field.  If you are looking into living in RH, it will be easier for you to find work.  Savannah is a good size town that is expanding into Pooler and RH.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"