Adoption

Question for int'l adoption of a slightly older child

Anyone here have experience w/ international adoption of a slightly older child?

A super nice couple on the fringe of our circle of friends is currently picking up their 27month old boy to bring home (permanently!) from Thailand. They do not have any other children & a few of us are looking to do something/give something. I initially thought an Akron Zoo pass since they live in Copley & it?s something they could use whenever throughout the year (I know we get/have gotten a lot of use out of ours). Does anyone have any other first or second hand experience of great gifts/acts of service, to give/do for a couple in their shoes?

Re: Question for int'l adoption of a slightly older child

• We haven't brought our kiddo home yet, so I don't have a lot of personal experience with that, but I do have a 3 year old now. I would say that a zoo pass sounds like an awesome idea, and I'd be thrilled to receive that instead of more "stuff," you know?
  • I think the zoo pass is awesome. I'm a grown up and I use mine all the time! I'd also say kids books- maybe specific to learning english...(making the assumption that the child doesn't yet speak english and the family doesn't speak Thai)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemaryoosa:
    I think the zoo pass is awesome. I'm a grown up and I use mine all the time! I'd also say kids books- maybe specific

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Zoo passes sound awesome and I would have loved that. But don't get your feelings hurt if they don't use it immediately and don't go out much. Our world will be greatly overwhelming for their new little one.

I loved the few meals we were giv
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • And feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • thank you all. and don't worry, I promise not to be upset if they do not use the zoo pass right away. I know there will be a long adjustment period. I'm just so so so thrilled for them
  • we adopted DS from Korea when he was almost 2 years old (21 months). I definitely agree with either taking dinner over, or dropping off a gift card for a take out place. Like somebody else said- the adjustment is just as hard as having a newborn... exc

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"