C-sections

Did you pick a RCS over a VBAC? Why?

For those that have had a RCS...why did you choose one over a VBAC (if you did choose)?  I know sometimes women go the VBAC route and it doesn't work out. 

Anyway..I had a c-section with my son almost 3 years ago due to him being breech.  I am 99.9% on board with a VBAC next time around.  I already have done all of my homework and know about all of the "what ifs."  Nothing scares me about unterine rupture b/c it is so rare.  I'm very optomistic about it.  I have posted on the VBAC board a lot too.  I just want personal reasons why you picked a RCS, if you did.  I'm not judging here at all...just gathering info. :)

Thanks in advance! :)  

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

Re: Did you pick a RCS over a VBAC? Why?

• I had a scheduled c-section with DS due to a few complications.  During the C-section (and at my post apts) OB/GYN kept making mention about my really narrow pelvis.  With that said, I'm sure I could make a baby fit through there, but I don't wa
  • It really is a personal decision that you have to make with a health care provider that you trust.

I absolutely love and trust my OB and she doesn't do VBACs.  She was very kind and told me if I'd like to go that route sh

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea, I'm aware that an emergency RCS could happen. I'm willing to attempt a VBAC first though. I HATED my c section and had an awful time recovering! Bad enough that just having a high chance in avoiding it, is a great thing for me.
    I'm also a gre

• I haven't, but if we have another child I think I would. My first two were vaginal, but I pushed for a really long time with both (5 hours and 3 hours), and apparently have a pelvic arch that makes it hard for baby to get through. Each baby has been pr

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I chose to have an RCS because I didn't want a VBAC.  I had an awful labor with DD, my c-section recovery was fine and I had no problem BFing (which was much more important than what kind of birth I had), and I've never felt like I would be missin

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I am having a RCS because I had a great experience/recovery with my first.  My first was breech and I never went into labor or anything and I could care less. The birthing experience wasn't important to me, having a healthy baby was.

I am h

• I had an RCS because I never went into labor. I was planning to do a VBAC if I went into labor but my OB makes you schedule a c section bailout date. Mine was 40w1d and that's when I had DD.
  • Hi everyone (I normally post on Working Moms). 

I've had two c-sections and am pregnant with my third, which will also be a c-section.  The first was because DS was sooo big (ended up being 11 lbs, but no gestational diabetes). 

• If we have more children I will choose a RCS only because I know what to expect. My recovery was wonderful and I know going into it what's going to happen. I had a scheduled c-section due to a complete previa and I remember being absolutely terrified, but
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When we have more children I will choose a RCS. I am not comfortable with the risks of a VBAC. Its also likely my labor will be the same as the first so I feel most comfortable with scheduling a CS. I think VBAC is also a great option for a lot of women,
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Two reasons...one I assume I'm going to have the same issues again, as my pelvis has probably not grown much. :) Second being that my husband's ex-wife is an OB/GYN and with his knowledge of VBACs he is not comfortable with me having one. That's not sayin
  • RCS.  My Mom tried to VBAC and her uterus ruptured and she almost died.  She was being seen by the top VBAC dr. in NYC and it still happened even though she had just started contracting.  She didn't even get far into it.

So even th

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Ty for all of your posts. Very informative! See....I long for the natural labor. No drugs, contraction, water birth and all. Like I said.... I hated and had a hard time with my c section. Physically and emotionally. PPD AND PPA. I was successful at nursin

• imageAna0927:
    I am having a RCS because I had a great experience/recovery with my first.nbsp; My first was breech and I never went into
  • After my first c/s my doctor double stitched me so that I would have the option to VBAC.  He has the lowest c/s rate in the area and the highest VBAC rate in the area; however, I did not wait the recommended time to get pregnant again and that is why
  • My first child passed away when she was about 4 months old due to several birth defects.  With my second child, I had a feeling of impending doom and a lot of anxiety about her birth.  I chose a RCS because I already been through one and knew wh
  • imagestw_77:
    My first child passed away when she was about 4 months old due to several birth defects.  With m

• I will be scheduling my rcs tomorrow. My doc said I could try VBAC but I am really not that interested. DS was a cs due to him being breech. This LO looks like she may follow in her big brother's footsteps. I never had any labor and my recovery after the
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageArdmhs83:

imagestw_77:</
  • I was a VBAC candidate & ended up choosing a RCS. I had GD with both pregnancies, but with the 2nd, since I had already had a c/s at that point I couldn't be induced. And my doc wouldn't let me go past 40 weeks because of the GD & the drugs I w

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I found out I was PG with this one, I really wanted to try a VBAC. I talked to the doc about it and she was in agreement, I could at least try. When I had DD 4 years ago, I was induced at 39 weeks because of pre-e, I had what they call a 'failed indu
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageAna0927:

I am having a RCS because I had a great experience/recovery with my first.  My first was breech and I never went

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• Just as a heads up, you shouldn't be terrified about uterine rupture, but it does happen. I had planned on VBACing but before I even went into active labor (cervix was still completely closed), my prodromal labor contractions caused my uterus to start

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imagekelly321:
    Just as a heads up, you shouldn't be terrified about uterine rupture, but it does happen. I had planned on VBACing but be

• I had a planned CS b/c baby was breech.  I did not have success with breastfeeding and I was severely disappointed.  I would love to try a VBAC but I have some fear associated with it.  I really want to breastfeed next time...I feel like we
  • My first was a scheduled c/s due to macrosomia. It was completely my decision based on estimated size and my concern/unknown with a femur break from a younger age. Because of the break I have limited mobility in my right hip joint and arthritis. I was

• For me I am choosing a RCS because i am not comfortable with the risks of a VBAC.   In my case they are even higher because I am having twins although I wouldn't do it with a singleton either.   While the risk of uterine rupture is only about

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"