Military Families

If the CDC wasnt available,

where, and how did you find child care for your child?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: If the CDC wasnt available,

• imagewheelerc:
    Naccrra.org
    Yes, but they don't provide a list of providers to go through. I was told to apply to daycares and the daycares would tell me if they accept naccrra. Was your experience different?

• Did you ask the CDC for a list of providers? They often keep a running list of who to refer out to.  And yes, for NACCRRA I believe you have to apply for it first.  Also you should be able to get a free subscription to sittercity.com

CJ 05/29/2013

• Loading the player...
  • We found childcare through simply asking around. I got as lucky as asking a cousin of mine if he knew anyone and he gave me his Aunt's name that runs an in home childcare center. She's an excellent provider and I'm only paying a little more than I would at the CDC. My best advice is to ask around. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Ditto the FCC suggestion. DS1 goes to an FCC provider and she is awesome. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Did you ask the CDC for a list of providers? They often keep a running list of who to refer out to.  And yes, for NACCRRA I believe you have to apply for it first.  Also you should be able to get a free subscription to sittercity.com
    I did, and they said that it would come in my New Parent Registration packet that they will email me. Its almost the end of the week and I'm still waiting on said packet.

With Naccrra I was told they wont provide a list of who accepts it, but the daycares are free to advertise that they accept it. My problem is looking off base, none of the daycares around me are open early enough for me to drop LO and get to pt formation on time. Maybe once CDC emails me the packet I'll have better luck.

sittercity is amazing and we've used it before in finding child care during SS visits. I'll check it out for LO, but I want a legit, I have a tax id number, provider so when tax season comes around we can have receipts.

This is all new to me as I am a FTM so I apologize if some of this is redundant or silly.

• I'm an FCC provider, if you have any questions!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would look at what your long term plans were. Do you have idea on the wait time at the CDC? If you are mil to mil you are priority 1 and should get in quickly. I would probably try to take maternity leave then burn up any extra leave I had waiting for a CDC spot. If still nothing was available I would look at sittercity if your plan is to move to the cdc once a spot opens. If you are planning on staying off base look at FCC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you ever looked into CDH (Child Development Homes) on your base? They are military spouses providing childcare out of their homes on base and are certified :) It is a great program, especially when the CDC isn't available because they can work any hours since it is out of their home.

TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Are you in Hawaii like your profile says? Have you checked with all of the services?

I'm sorry if this is info you already know, or if it somehow doesn't apply to your situation:

When we were in Hawaii, I looked into the Army CDCs because they were more convenient, even though DH isn't Army. If I'd wanted to put DS in the CDC on the Navy or AF bases, I would have had to sign up separately for their wait lists. We ended up not needing daycare, so I didn't ever look into the CDCs with the other services.

Again, I'm sorry if that's info you already know, but I wanted to share just in case.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageladybugpjb:

Are you in Hawaii like your profile says? Have you checked with all of the services?

I'm sorry if this is info you already know, or if it somehow doesn't apply to your situation:

When we were in Hawaii, I looked into the Army CDCs because they were more convenient, even though DH isn't Army. If I'd wanted to put DS in the CDC on the Navy or AF bases, I would have had to sign up separately for their wait lists. We ended up not needing daycare, so I didn't ever look into the CDCs with the other services.

Again, I'm sorry if that's info you already know, but I wanted to share just in case.

No we aren't on island anymore. I just dont know how to make my profile say anything else .

• imageIgoo0304:
    The CDC should have a list of FCC providers if you want to go that route.
    CDC manages the wait list of FCC as well. There isnt a separate list. When I went to enroll today they said there were 200 people already on the list. Its looking like I'm going to have to look off base.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"