Attachment Parenting
Options

Advice for a friend

I have a good friend who had a baby just after I did so we get together and text about our babies pretty frequently. After her baby arrived she decided to do attachment parenting, saying that she couldn't stand it any other way. I chose another path but don't have anything against her methods. In any event, for the last few months she has been complaining a lot and asking for my advice. In general it goes something like "my baby is fussy/cranky/not happy/won't sleep unless she is in my arms and I just need a break". I can definitely understand and relate but I just don't know how to respond to her without seeming insensitive. I'm really not 100% familiar with how attachment parenting works and know that it would be really easy to say the wrong thing and offend her. I was hoping that someone on this board who is more familiar with how this work would be able to offer some advice. Basically, if you were the mom complaining to someone else, what would help to hear in reply? Or are you just complaining for the sake of venting and aren't really looking for a reply? Opinions welcome. TIA :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Advice for a friend

• Options

I have that issue. The common suggestions are wearing the baby in a carrier or using the no cry nap solution book. I do both. When I complain to others I want them to hold the baby while I do something or just let me vent (maybe get a hug).

BTW-f

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageForeverEverAfter:

I have that issue. The common suggestions are wearing the baby in a carrier or using the no cry nap solution

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"