Attachment Parenting

Nanny 911.

I'm watching it right now. I get the feeling that the Nannies are completely against co sleeping or bedsharing.

Dad lays with each of his children until they fall asleep, and holds his 2 year olds hand as he falls asleep in his crib. Nanny came in told him that by doing this he's raising emotionally insecure children. Nanny put a time limit on how long he cuddles his children, of 5 minutes! He wanted to back out on this plan because his heart told him it felt wrong, but in the end the Nanny convinced him. This episode made me mad, and kind of broke my heart a little.

Thoughts on this?

His children were 9, 5, and 2, I think.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nanny 911.

• Just lying with them/holding their hand until they fell asleep is probably not the whole story, kwim? The only episodes I've seen of Nanny 911 or similar shows, the entire family has been a total wreck.  Maybe it's taking him hours every night to

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehonkytonk_kid:
    Just lying with them/holding their hand until they fell asleep is probably not the whole story, kwim? The only episo
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJayandEmm:
    imagehonkyton
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm confused as to why this would bother anyone. You don't know these people beyond what you saw on a TV show so you can't say for certain what works for them and what doesn't. Nanny 911 isn't coming to your house to tell you what to do, so I wouldn't get
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagesalt78:
    I'm confused as to why this would bother anyone. You don't know these people beyond what you saw on a TV show so you c

imageimage
  • imageBooger+Bear:

imagesalt78
  • imagesalt78:
    imageBooger+Bear:</

imageimage
  • imageBooger+Bear:

Again, I've never watched the show but I assume people do take the tips from the nannies and apply it to their li

• imagesalt78:

From what I've seen, it's really a case by case basis. Who knows...in some situations that type of bedtime routine mig

imageimage
  • What broke my heart the most is that she told the parents that they were raising their children to be insecure by showing too much affection at bedtime. The 2 year old screamed bloody murder for hours because all he wanted was for someone to hold his hand
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"