September 2013 Moms

ideas for pregnancy approved camping foods

so, next week, I will be camping for 5 days at a Festival that I am a staff member at.

during the day, I'll be able to get to food from the vendors so it will be prepared for me.

breakfast, ins't really an issue, since we'll do eggs and bacon, or pancakes on the griddle/fire. 

But for dinner, we usually make burgers and dogs/sausages (and I know those are fine when cooked properly, but I can't eat them for 5 days straight...)

I was thinking about making some pasta salad with tortelini and cheese, but the hard meats that would be in it, I know are a once in a while food (ok, some people don't do it at all) and since we'll be camping, and have our food stored in a cooler, Im looking for more ideas of what to bring pack.

:)

basically- my brain isn't working yet, and I can't figure out what to pack and bring with us, and want ideas! LOL

Re: ideas for pregnancy approved camping foods

• What about loaded baked potatoes?  

Tacos on soft tortillas? 

• yeah I don't usually think too hard about it either. But I pack the SAME foods every year for this festival, and I need/want new ideas. LOL

the baked potatos sound good, but I think would take too long (we do a lot of crazy stu

• Loading the player...
  • We're HUGE campers -- we go on at least 6 trips per season. Granted, we have a 30' travel trailer so it's not rustic camping, but it's still camping!

We take turns making the meals with the other families we camp with, but here are some that we d

imageimageimage

• NukkeNukke member

"pregnancy approved" means nothing to me.  I would eat whatever I wanted.  When DH and I go camping, I usually buy a couple steaks and marinate them for a day in the cooler before the ice pack melts. That's usually dinner for day #2

<p
  • well, SO and I are not novice campers by any means.We go camping several times a year and both of us have been camping since we were kids.

we're just so darned busy at the festival that we need to keep it simple. 

we can get away

• NukkeNukke member
    imageIrishPiratess:

well, SO and I are not novice campers by any means.We go camping several times a year and both of us have been

• imagePrettyInPearls23:

We're HUGE campers -- we go on at least 6 trips per season. Granted, we have a 30' travel trailer so it's no

• Marinade some chicken breasts if you have a cast iron camp skillet, and i always pack "foil pack meals", like roasted sliced potatoes and onions. Pinterest has a much of foil pack foods for camping ideas ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Overall S'Mores are likely your best option.  :)
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• We just went sailing for a week, and we lived pretty easy as well (camping style food much of the time).  The pasta salad we made was with bowtie pasta, chicken, grapes, celery, and poppyseed dressing.  It was great!  You can bake a lot

Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"