Oklahoma Babies

St. Anthony's/Dr. Ryan? VBAC question

Hi ladies! I am new here and newly pregnant with baby number 2. My first doctor was apparently knifehappy and cut me open for simply having high blood pressure at 37 weeks....without trying bed rest or anything!

Anyway, I would really like to attempt a VBAC. I heard great things about Dr. Ryan at St. Anthonys and I have seen him once. Since becoming pregnant, they wanted me to go to their lab which is the one in the hospital itself to have my HcG levels checked. I have been twice in an attempt to have that done and both times waited over an hour before having my blood drawn. The first time it took just a little over an hour but the second time I waited an hour and a half before walking out. The ladies behind the counter cared more about gossiping and chitchatting than getting stuff done. I know this is out oF Dr. Ryan's control, but I am turned off now by St. Anthonys.

Have and of you delivered there or know someone who has? Did you also experience long wait times?

What about the midwives at OU? Do any of you like them/deliver with them? Or better yet, VBAC with them?

Thanks!!

Re: St. Anthony's/Dr. Ryan? VBAC question

• I see Dr Martin at St Anthony as did my best friend. She just delivered there 2 weeks ago and I spent a lot of time there during her stay. Everyone seemed great and very friendly and helpful! The rooms were nice, she said the food was good and she had absolutely no complaints! Made me feel a lot better about delivering there!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am pregnant with my first so I have not used Dr. Ryan personally but I have many friends who have and loved him.  Most of my friends where interested in as natural births as possible.  He is the Dr. of choice by CMS (midwife collaboration in Norman).  He lets his patients go as far as they want usually without obvious harm to baby or mom.  As for the staff I am sorry to hear that! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Dr Willis out of Saints. When I went into labor Dr Ryan was on call and he was great! Saints is awesome: the staff is wonderful, the rooms are comfy, and they just make it a great experience!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"