Trying to Get Pregnant

How much does using OPKs and charting increase chances of conception each month...

Hello ladies,

I was curious as to whether or not using OPKs and charting increased the chances of conception each month and by how much.

Surprisingly there was almost no statistical information online.  I found two different sites with info. Not sure how accurate these are, so I am taking them with a grain of salt, but I thought you may find them interesting.

Does anyone have any additional statistics on this?

Scientific data

One study, published in the journal Human Reproduction, followed women who were trying to get pregnant by having sex at the time in their monthly cycle when they were believed to be most fertile. Of the 346 women in the study, 310 conceived in the first year. The breakdown was like this:

38 percent were pregnant after 1 month.
68 percent were pregnant after 3 months.
81 percent were pregnant after 6 months.
92 percent were pregnant after 12 months.

2nd titbit:

"One study found that women in their late 20s or early 30s who had sex at least twice a week got pregnant, on average, within 3 months. For those 35-39, the average was 4 months. Another found that women in their late 20s or early 30s who had sex two days before ovulation ? and only on that cycle day ? got pregnant 35% of the time. The odds are even higher if you can predict your ovulation using the techniques I?ll reveal in Chapter 3: Between 67% and 76% of women under 35 who were aware of their fertile time conceived in the first month. If you use the methods of fertility awareness I describe in this book."

https://www.impatientwoman.com/excerpt.html

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: How much does using OPKs and charting increase chances of conception each month...

• Well if these stats are accurate, I must be one of the lucky "
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePiggie143:
    Well if these stats are accurate, I must be one of the lucky "

Ones who hasn't. Stupid phone ap
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it increases your chances each month for getting pregnant, it just helps you time sex properly so you get your 20% chance.

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagekrdesi:
    I don't think it increases your chances each month for getting pregnant, it just helps you time sex properly so you ge
  • imagekrdesi:
    I don't think it increases your chances each month for getting pregnant, it just helps you time sex properly so you ge

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Statistics make people feel better...but really mean nothing when ttc. Take them with a grain of salt is all I'm saying :)
  • Here's an interesting article about chances of getting pregnant. It reflects an increased chance of pregnancy with timed sex. https://www.babycenter.com/0_howlongittakestogetpregnant_1813.bc?page=1

"Of all couples trying to conceive, here's

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • imageSlapalicious:
    imageChica

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagekrdesi:

imageSlapalicious:</

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • imagekrdesi:

imageSlapalic
  • imageSlapalicious:
    imageChica

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• imageChicagoWeded2007:
    Here's an interesting article about chances of getting pregnant. It reflects an increased chance of pregnan
  • Wooo 8%ers... hmmm yeah. No fuzzies.

The only thing fuzzy is my brain after a few frozen Jack & Cokes.  

• I am a diabetic, on metformin. I got pregnant on my 12th month trying, which was my 7th "serious" month with charting and OPKs. We are both in our thirties.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics, btw. :)

BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • imageSlapalicious:
    imagechica

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• imagechicagojackie:
    I am a diabetic, on metformin. I got pregnant on my 12th month trying, which was my 7th "serious" month with chartin

imageherecomesthesun:

The only thing fuzzy is my brain af

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• I've just accepted that there is no rhyme or reason for any of this stuff for me.  I timed and charted and temped for a few years...nothing.  Then I took all sorts of drugs that turned me into a b****, did the gambit of fertility treatments..

• imagekrdesi:

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"