C-sections

Hip/ lower back pain after c- section

I am 6 days pp and still pretty sore which is normal, but the day I came home from the hospital  I got this horrible pain in my lower left side, almost like its where the back joins with your butt.. It diesnt hurt to sit or lay down but to walk- I walk almost like I have one leg shorter than the other ( no other way to describe) 

Don't know if anyone has experienced? Maybe I pulled a muscle? Too much twisting and turning in the hospital bed? ( labored or 16 hours beforehand) 

Pits more painful than my actual tummy 

Re: Hip/ lower back pain after c- section

• Sounds like its your SI joint which is irritated...probably more due to regular postpartum changes than the actual csection.  Sometimes an SI support belt (similar to what the belly bands/supports some moms use while pregnant) helps stabilize it w

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you very much for the response-it's been brutal, will look into the support bands!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am still having a wedge pillow between my knees most nights when side laying to help me with being more comfortable walking around the next day. Not due to csection through.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am having something similiar- along with spasms running up my back. When I talked with my OB he said that it may be left overs from the spinal. However, it is also related to the muscles in your back getting put back where they were and your body gettin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"