Natural Birth
Options

41w3d :( Please help

Well time is ticking apparently. I am at a free standing birth center but they will only keep me until 42 weeks. After that it's off to the hospital for an induction. Having a natural birth is a huge desire of mine. I couldn't get pregnant naturally or without the hands of doctors. Now all I want is to deliver this baby without any meds or intervention.

I'm getting really nervous and frustrated...and emotional.

Tomorrow I have another appointment at the birth center where we will discuss castor oil and/or cytotec vaginally. I know that I feel comfortable with taking the cytotec but I do trust my MW. I have a breast pump and was thinking about trying some stimulation.

Any suggestions or insight for someone who is reaching the end of their rope? I'd love to hear your thoughts on cytotec too.

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 41w3d :( Please help

• Options

Have you considered getting acupuncture to get labor started?  I would also recommend a chiropractor that performs Logan Basic Technique.  I am a Prenatal & peds chiropractor and I find those things the most beneficial to get you going. &

• Options

My MW reviewed a few things with me but I'm not at that point yet!

Evening Primrose oil only really works if you start preemptively taking it around 36 weeks. (so don't waste your $$$ at this point!)

Sex and Spicy Food are probabl

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I did a combo:

I took evening primrose oil, drank red rasberry leaf tea, walked around all day and took blue cohosh. After all those things in one day I went into labour on my own that night.........wether they worked or it was just time I could

• Options

Pump, for sure!

I was told not more than 20 minutes at a time, but you can do it a few times a day. The nipple stimulation may cause contractions and if your body is ready, they might just take off - that's what did it for me!

I also did ac

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Don't be scared of Cytotec. I did what I could to avoid being induced but finally agreed at 41w6d. We started with Cytotec and I made sure that I was given the smallest dose and we waited as long as possible between doses. I was very closely monitored

• Options
    The day I went into labor, tried walking...a good hike and sex. Either it worked or was coincidence, but I definitely plan to try the same if we're under time pressure again. Good luck!

• Options
    Spicy food and sex worked for me.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    I was just reading about how rocking back and forth and in circles on a birth ball [aka exercise ball] can help progress labor. If that's the case I would imagine it is possible it could also help to get you going. The position helps widen your hips so it
  • Options
    Sex a long hard walk worked for me! I know lots of people and seen lots of posts about people going into labor after only one or two sessions of acupuncture.... Good luck!!!
    Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • Options

I would do acupuncture daily for the next 3 days, walk - at least a mile, ideally more (like 2-3), and try sex/orgasm.

I have friends that used castor oil successfully, but it is a purgative...not the gentle approach.

My integrative doctor

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Black and blue cohosh and walking seemed to work for me.
  • Options
    Wow! I could have written your post myself. I got pregnant via IVF and wanted nothing more than to have a natural homebirth. However, I too passed the 41 week mark and my midwives wouldn't deliver at home past 42 weeks. I finally decided to induce with ca
  • Options
    I had #4 at 41w6d, one day before risking out of my homebirth.  The night before I went into labor I had my membranes stripped and it's what pushed me into labor.  Good luck!

• Options
    imagemwarta:

Have you considered getting acupuncture to get labor started?  I would also recommend a chiropractor that perform

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"