Birth Stories

contractions

Has anyone out had contractions go for like almost an hour that were like 6mins apart and then slow down for a lil while and then....go away?

Re: contractions

• About 1.5 weeks before I actually went into labor I had contractions that were 3-7 minutes apart for 6 hours and then went away.  They just weren't as painful as the real labor ones, that I found out the hard way.
  • I've had contractions before that lasted about 4 hrs and were about 4 mins apart...this happened once at 36 wks, once at 37 wks and once at 40 wks.  All three times, they continued steadily for 4 hours or so and then just mellowed out and died.  All of the midwives I've spoken to about it say that it's completely normal, especially for first babies, so if that's what you're having I wouldn't worry about it.

It has made me, my family and friends a little crazy because each time I've timed them, called the midwife and she's told me to come to the hospital as soon as it got too painful to be at home.  So I'd wait and then they'd just die, and so now everyone's said "just call us when you've had the epidural!".  

It's driving me crazy as I still havent' had my baby and I'm 3 days overdue, so I completely understand what you're going through.  Don't worry though, one way or another the baby will come!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"