Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Chewing on hand

does your lo stick his whole hand in his mouth and chew/suck on it. Could he be teething this early? He ends up gagging him self sometimes. It's kind of strange.
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chewing on hand

• Options
    It's pretty normal. Both my LO's did/do it. Babies learn through their mouth, so it's not surprising when they shove their fist in there. And it helps to teach them the gagging relfex. Chewing on their hand doesn't always signify teething.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    My little man LOVES chewing on his hand! I can hardly take a picture of him these days without his fingers, hand, or arm in his mouth! Totally normal!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO has been chewing on her hands for a month and a half now! Pretty normal according to my pedi 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    they have the desire to suck, that's all it is.  And to stick things in there mouth.  Just wait until she's a little old and everything she gets a hold of goes in there lol
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, my lo chews on her hand frequently. She gets drool all over her hands and shirt in the process. When we took her for Easter bunny photos, the bunny had to hold her hands down so they can take the picture. Haha....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    My DD chews on her hands a lot too. It's usually her left hand for some reason. She's been doing it for almost a month. At first I thought she was teething [although 2 months would have been really young for that] but now I think she just likes chewing on
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    DD does all the time but she is teething. It could be teething or it could be your baby just discovering his hand, only time will tell if he doesn't have any other teething symptoms yet.
  • Options
    Mine does it constantly. She is actually getting a rash because it's always wet!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Constantly! He does have one tooth though that broke through at 22 weeks but he was chewing on his hand well before that.

• Options
    I have 2 1/2 month old twins and they chew on their hands when they are hungry. After they have their bottles they stop until next time.
  • Options
    My baby boy chews his feet. When he wears socks, I have to change them often, 'cause they're wet all the time!!
  • Options
    EagsEags member
    My DS does this and has actually gotten "calloused" places on each pointer finger from it. :/
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"