Postpartum Depression

Deep Sadness over baby growing up (long)

More than anything, I want my baby to stay little forever.  I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that she's no longer a "newborn". Little things like switching from the 0-3 month board, moving up clothing and diaper sizes, having family comment on how big she's getting.  It sounds so stupid, but when the January 2014 bmb shows up here, it will be really hard on me because I feel like that was *just* me 2 seconds ago.  Time is going too fast.  I hate to admit this, but when she was having weight gain issues, a part of me was "happy" (I shudder just writing that) because at least she was staying my little baby.  

I am extremely jealous of my friends and random people on the internet and TV commercials getting pregnant.  I had a miserable pregnancy (severe m/s the whole time), but I find myself longing for those days again.  I have even toyed with the thought of TTC in a few months, but I know that is not a good idea given my struggles now.  This is affecting my daily life, my relationship with my husband; I'm miserable.

Sorry this is so super long.  I feel desperately sad and part of me just needed to get this out, part of me is wondering if anyone else has had similar feelings.  I bet these are normal feelings, but my baby is nearly 4 months old and I'm sick of feeling this way!

(Edited out some rambling, irrelevant info) 

BFP 4/30/12 EDD 1/9/13 Our first!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Deep Sadness over baby growing up (long)

• I'm often very sad DS is no longer a little baby.  At around 6 mo. I told my husband that he is no longer the little peanut in the car seat at the restaurant -he's that big & grown up baby we'd see in high chairs.  DS is 13 mo & it's

• Feeling sad that your baby is growing up is a normal feeling. But an overwhelming sadness like you're describing is not. Have you thought about going to therapy or counseling? It might be helpful to talk to a neutral 3rd party and get some advice on how t

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for your kind words and perspective.  I did finally make arrangements to see a therapist.  I'm feeling optimistic about it!
    BFP 4/30/12 EDD 1/9/13 Our first!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"