Parenting after 35
Options

external version for breech presentation?

Anybody have this done with success?  Did the baby stay head down for a vaginal birth or did he/she flip and you ended up with a c-section?

My sister is 36 weeks with her first baby and discovered yesterday she is footling breech.  Her MD suggested trying an external version as the risks are lower that having a c-section.

My sister is concerned about the risk of going into labor after the procedure since her husband is out of the country and isn't scheduled to return until the 30th and her OB wants her to have this done next week.

Hoping someone might have a positive outcome to share since my sister is trying to avoid a long recovery - she is moving out of the country shortly after baby arrives!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: external version for breech presentation?

• Options
    I haven't had this done but I am an OB nurse so I may be able to shed some light.  If she has a version there is a risk of cord entanglement,  which result in an emergency CS.  This is why we observe your and your baby for a while after a v
  • Options

I tried it with my second and couldn't finish it because it hurt my back too badly..  I have a weak back and couldn't lay on the table properly.  I had a scheduled csection and it went very smoothly.  Frankly my recovery was much easier

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am way late on this, but I did a version for my breech baby. It did not work, but it was really not painful, and it was very quick. They monitored the baby carefully the whole time and there were no issues. I was glad I tried it as it made me feel bette
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mkwtmkwt member
    My DD was transverse, the OB wanted to do the version, he had a very high success rate.  He got her head down, then she flipped and went footling breech.  It was not painful, uncomfortable yes, but he only tried 3 times.  I was monitored fo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"