Natural Birth
Options

Midwife prenatal visits 3rd tri

What does your last trimester look like for prenatal visits?

I saw my MW 4 weeks ago at 27 weeks, today I'm 31 and 1 day and saw her. And then the next time she wants to see me is 34 and 3 days and then 37 and 3 days.

My son was born before 37 and 3 days. I have a bit of anxiety about it.

Planning a home birth this time. And she's delivering the birth pool at the 37 week visit. She's out of town for my 36th week.

She is convinced this baby won't be earlier or as early as my son because my health is far better. I weigh 10lbs less at 31 weeks than I did when I got pregnant with my son! I eat wayyyy better, I'm just way healthier as far as how I take care of my body. But does that make a difference in how long you carry your babies? TIA!
*Bumping since 2007*
had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013

Re: Midwife prenatal visits 3rd tri

• Options
    Every two weeks between 28 and 36 weeks, and every week after that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll see my MW again at 28wks and every 2 wks thereafter until 38 or 40 wks or unless s/t comes up between now and then.

Wish I had more to say to comfort you. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine are every two weeks now and have been since 34 weeks and will be up until 40 weeks when they will go down to weekly appointments. 

P.s. for the UK 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been seen every 5 weeks (4 if you are new to the practice) up until 30 weeks then every 2 weeks thereafter until 36 weeks then it is weekly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have my last "monthly" appointment this week, then I go every 2 weeks until 36 weeks, at which point I will go weekly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I also had every 2 weeks from 28-36.  I start my every week this week--Friday will be my 37 week appointment (36w5d). 

As far as your second question, there are a lot of reasons why you might have gone earlier and every pregnancy is

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageannabelle.27:

This is me too. <br

photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageannabelle.27:
    I think this is the same for
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options

My midwife wouldn't deliver a baby before 37 weeks. I had visits every two weeks for the last trimester and then once a week the last month. I delivered at 37w3d so I didn't have any weekly visits. 

I don't know about health being a determin

• Options

I saw my MW every two weeks after 28 weeks and then every week after 36 weeks.  I had homebirths with both of my kids. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options

For many, I think nutrition plays a big role in carrying babies closer to 40w.  Keep it up!

IIRC, my sequence would be something like: 28, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, etc.  Week 36 is a home visit and the birth tub would be brought then

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"