Eco-Friendly Family

Garage sale prices?

We try and buy mostly used to be eco conscience and save money at the same time. Ladies, please tell me what are reasonable prices to pay at a garage sale? Maybe I'm just cheap... I just came from one where they wanted 50 cents for a white gerber onesie. You can buy a brand new 5 pack at Walmart for $8 or a 5 pack of cute designed ones at Target for $9.99 (and that's not even a sale price.) This was their third and last day of the sale and they hadn't sold a single baby clothing item from when I visited Friday - still no mark down, even when I asked . Not exactly a huge savings in my book - then again, maybe I'm just cheap?!?

Made me think - what do you all pay at garage sales for baby items/clothing? Good condition? I can see paying more for brand names.

Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries

Re: Garage sale prices?

• Well, I feel like people can try to sell their stuff for whatever they want but I certainly wouldn't be buying a Gerber onesie at that price either. I think condition, brand and demand sets the price of most things. I also find that consignment sales u

• I don't want to pay more than 50 percent of retail value for something in good condition.

So technically the onsies would fall in that category. But I still don't know if I'd pay that for a white gerber onsie.

I bought a moby f
  • Loading the player...
  • Garage sales are about haggling and bargaining with the seller. You have to be firm, but you can still be nice. For the onesie, you can offer 25 cents or two onesies 75 cents. If this person isn't willing to be flexible, she's not likely to sell much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Clothes are usually super cheap at garage sales (like starting at $.50-$2 for generic adult clothes in good condition).  I haven't shopped at garage sales for baby clothes, yet, but i'd think that that's way too much for baby clothes (unless it was a
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"