Homeschooling
Options

How does it work?

If you homeschool year round, your child would graduate early right? Can they start college before 18?
Do homeschool children get a GED?
Do they still take ACT's and SAT's?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How does it work?

• Options
    I'm not entirely sure how it all works but if you continuously did work with no breaks and didnt spread work out and advanced to the next level quicker than you'd be done quicker.  My friends boys were done at 15...they ran out of courses to take and
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It depends on how you do it.  Most homeschooled children end up "graduating" early because you are working at their personal level and not necessarily to the age/grade.  And because they are getting one-on-one attention, they move more quickl

• Loading the player...
  • Options

As I "finished" the high school equivalent of each subject I moved over to community college in that subject. By my senior year of high school I was carrying nearly a full load at cc. When I went away to traditional college I was pretty far ahead of th

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    I still took the ACT test when I was homeschooled, as that was the one more colleges in my state looked at. I had zero trouble applying to college. My mother kept excellent grade report records, and in high school we did a correspondence curriculum so we
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options

Yes, children are able to go to college before age 18. In fact, our goal is for our children to have their Associate's Degree by age 18. 

Homeschool children CAN get a GED, but I wouldn't recommend it unless that is the only way to achieve h

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"