One & Done: Only child

GTKY Poll: A day to yourself

Imagine for a moment your SO tells you s/he is taking LO for the day. You can do whatever you want. Your house is already clean (no, really, no dishes, laundry, bathrooms to clean).

What do you do with your surprise day off?

Re: GTKY Poll: A day to yourself

• First of all, I'm going back to bed. When I wake up of my own accord, I go for a run. Then, I take the worlds longest, hottest shower. Afterwards, I take myself to lunch at a local caf? and then go for a much needed mani/pedi (I haven't had one in over a
  • Relax.  Catch up on some TV that I'm behind on.  Try to meet a friend for lunch, and then if I need to do any shopping (fun shopping, that is), that too.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • First off, I would feel overwhelmed by just how awesome that sounds.  Could this ever really happen? 

Hmmm...like EastCoast, I have sooo many hours of TV to catch up on, I would go have a nice lunch at a non-kid-friendly restaurant, an

• DH made me go out on my own a few months ago. I told him to deal with the kid while I cleaned the house and he basically said "you can have alone time and not spend it cleaning..." 

I went to the mall. Got fitted and bought 2 super cute bras

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • I'm already awake, so that sucks ;)

I'd make myself a big cup of hot tea, and lounge on the couch in my pjs and catch up email and such.

Then I'd take a long hot shower.

Make myself something awful for me for lunch.

Go g

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Play video games.  Treat myself to lunch.  Watch trash TV if it is a weekday (MAURY! MAURY!).  Do some stitching.  Maybe back to video games.
  • I'd go crazy, honestly. I'd watch some TV (I'm watching West Wing right now), cook myself a nice meal, then go for a jog.
  • Working with the assumption that it is a beautiful day and money is not an issue (for part two).  That being the case...maybe start with a run in the park (apparently now that I've run outside a few times, it is quite difficult for me to run inside)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFianschneid:
    First of all, I'm going back to bed. When I wake up of my own accord, I go for a run. Then, I take the worlds lon

C is 3 years old

• Take a nap.  Take a bubble bath.  Read.  Watch Sex & the City episodes.
  • What a great GTKY!

My favorite spin class followed by a barre class.  Amazing shower where I shave AND pluck my eyebrows and blowdry my hair afterwards.  Walk to soba noodle place for lunch.  Then a nap.  Then a pedicure whe

• I did this in October while my parents were staying with LO and me.  :)  I had nearly 24 hours to myself.  It was divine, but not long enough.  I'm hoping to get at least 24, if not 48 hours to myself once DH is home (from deploymen

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Spend the day at a spa getting treatments, in the pool, doing yoga, etc. I would cap it off with a wine pairing dinner.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm sorta spoiled with a grade schooler, so I kinda have this daily. I'm a SAHM, so once 7:45 hits.. I have a kiddo in school, and a husband at work.

For pretending sake ;)  I would grab my kindle, probably read for a good hour. Then

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • I too would spend some quality time with my pillow and blanket!

Then I'd bust out my sewing machine and get some of those projects I've been wanting to get done.

Lunch with a friend and getting my hair doe would also be on the agenda.

• Man, I would just want to do nothing. Stay in bed, read, don't bug me! If it was a nice day, a long bike ride would be nice but definitely nothing that requires running errands in a car!

• Hrm....  I'm still new at this, so I'm not sure about all the "me" things I'm missing....

number one would be to sleep for 8 hours uninterrupted.

go to spa for spa and pedi

have lunch on a patio with drinks

curl up on

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • imageChapter79:

I'm sorta spoiled with a grade schooler, so I kinda have this daily. I'm a SAHM, so once 7:45 hits.. I have a kiddo

• Oh wow that would be SO NICE! I would go to a yoga class. Get a mani/pedi. Take myself out for a nice lunch and then go to the art museum or down to the harbor to shop and walk around outside now that it's nicer.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I will assume that this means that I have miraculously also gotten some extra vacation days from work :)

I would sleep in until at least 8, drink some good coffee on the couch in my pjs, while watching some things I have on the DVR. I would pro

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• sleep & watch anything *i* want on TV
    click the pic (blog)
  • I would go to Starbucks and read a book for a couple of hours while drinking a huge cup of delicious coffee.  Then I would go get a pedicure, have lunch at a place I couldn't take the LO (like sushi or the fancy Mexican place that doesn't have high c
    photo NewAveryPic_zps943cadf9.jpg
  • imageM&MHaveMyHeart:
    imageCh
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • I would also factor in that money was not an issue - and I would get a DELUXE mani/pedi (what that entails I don't know, but I always get a basic) at the Spa - not the nail place I usually go to.  

Then I would go shopping - it'

• Hmmm... first I would sleep in an extra hour then head off to the gym for a good long workout.  Squeeze in a relaxing massage and pedi, maybe even a haircut if I'm feeling adventurous :)  meet some friends for lunch at a non-kid-friendly restaur
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BFP #1 - 5/15/10, EDD 2/11/11, missed m/c no heartbeat at u/s, D&C 7/14/10 BFP #2 - 3/14/11, EDD 11/25/11, natural m/c at 5 wks BFP #3 - 4/27/11, DD born 12/14/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"