November 2012 Moms

Will my baby magically start sleeping again?

My DS is 4.5 months (born 11/30) and was doing really well at night...waking up just one time to eat.  I'm assuming he's going through the 4 month nightmare sleeping stage and it's getting worse and worse every night.  So for those of you who have survived this, will he just start getting back into sleeping well at some point or will I have to sleep train or something like that?

Thanks! 

Re: Will my baby magically start sleeping again?

• Is he waking up hungry? It took us a week to figure out my DS needed more to eat, felt like a bad momma.......I started rice cereal and it has helped.......just a suggestion
  • I started sleep training for bed time, and things have been getting better from there. Last night she was up only twice. Once she fell right back asleep, then to eat, then up for the day at 7:30.
    It seemed to just get better after bed time stopped b
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We went through that.  He finally was sleeping for 1 7 hour stretch at night and then boom...it went to waking every 2 hours for a week. It was terrible. Thankfully that seems to be done now and he's back to 5-7 hour stretches. I thought I was turnin
  • zmosszmoss member
    That lasted about 2/3 weeks with LJ. He got over the hump--but still gets up to eat at night. I'm in no real rush to break him of that habit.
    imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • I feel like my daughter has been going through this for a month, and it's really starting to get to me. A coworker suggested that I let her cry it out, but I just can't. I don't know if it's food, her crib, or something else. I just logged on to see if
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"