Potty Training
Options

What's your method?

Do you set a timer and make them sit in the potty? Or do you wait til they say they have to go? I've been taking my 2 year old about once an hour. She gets frustrated and doesn't want to sit there. She will have accidents, but its usually not a large amount. When she does she tells me she pee pee or poop and we sit on the potty and she will finish. I just wanna make sure I'm doing all I can to help her. We are on day 4.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's your method?

• Options
    Just adding that she usually goes 4-6 hours btwn pees. Normal? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So we are only 2 weeks into this process. My son is so much more successful if I take him to the potty at regular intervals, every 1.5 to 2 hours, and when i watch for signs that he needs to go. But eventually I want him to be more independent with the
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Using the 3 day method has you telling the kid "tell mommy when you have to go potty" instead of asking them if they have to go or making them try. This way you show that you trust them to tell you and they learn their body's signs. This worked really we
  • Options

I periodically ask my DD, about every 45 minutes, and if she says no we don't go. When she does have an accident, which is now really rare, I remind her that I had asked her five minutes prior, and next time she needs to try and tell me. She is at the

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"