November 2012 Moms
Options

Rejecting formula

...all of the sudden. While the look on her face when she does it is priceless the act presents a big problem. My production has been down for weeks. I can't re-up my stash, it's that bad...so we've come to rely on 8oz of formula on top of what I express. She's not quite 5 months, so we haven't started solids. I don't know what my husband will do tomorrow if rejects the formula while I'm at work. Suggestions?

Re: Rejecting formula

• Options
    I know when my LO rejects the bottle it is usually because she is being picky about how warm it is...other than that I have no advice. Hope she gets over this soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Huh...this is entirely possible. Whenever I'm with her I nurse her. The bottle seemed a little on the warm side to me, so that might be it. I hope that's it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just started to supplement with formula and have the same problem. She totally refuses formula, temperature doesn't matter. We have to mix it with bm, started with 10/90 split, and slowly moved to a 50/50 mix. It's still hit or miss whether she takes i
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Apparently she ate the formula today and all was cool. I think we will try mixing it the next time she rejects it though. I guess she is developing more and more preferences and dislikes. Fun and stressful to watch :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"