June 2013 Moms
Options

gestational diabetes and inducing

I saw my doctor today and she said they will not let me go past 39 weeks. anyone else getting induced before 40 weeks and know why they do that? I had so many other questions today that i forgot to ask why they wont let me past 39 weeks. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: gestational diabetes and inducing

• Options

My OB said if I can control GD with diet they will Induce by 40 weeks if I don't go into labor sooner. If i control with meds, it will be no later than my due date. If the baby gets to 9 lbs, they will do a c section when ever they measure close to 9 l

**Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I am assuming you have GD.

My dr. said she may induce early- to prevent any complications. However...if everything stays good with my GD and I keep my levels in check, she said she would let me go to 40 weeks.

Some people just do it a lit

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebrandilc84:

Some people just do it a little differently. Maybe you will go into labor on your own before 40 weeks. Ya never kn

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LuthyLuthy member
    My dr said that they won't let me go more than 2 days past my due date if I can control with diet and exercise. If I have to go on meds (which I probably will) they will induce at 39 weeks.

• Options
    I will be induced at 39 weeks.  The reason being women with GD are more likely to have the placenta break down and not give the baby all the nutrition they need toward the end of pregnancy, or so my OB said. 
  • Options

imagehockeygrl:
    I will be induced at 39 weeks.  The reason being women with GD are more likely to have the placenta break down

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    I was recently talking with a woman who is a few weeks ahead of me and she shared that she will be induced at 39 weeks due to her GD.  She also said that her doctor didn't share this until she was around 37 weeks.  I plan on discussing it with m

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LuthyLuthy member

imagehockeygrl:
    I will be induced at 39 weeks.  The reason being women with GD are more likely to have the placenta break down

• Options
    I've been told that we'll most likely induce at 39 weeks as well. I'm on oral meds for my GD. Possible early placental breakdown or malfunction in women with GD is one reason. We are monitoring size, but wouldn't consider any interventions for just that u
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"