Secondary IF
Options

How soon is too soon?

I'm 10 dpiui and I'm getting really anxious to test. RE's office said to wait 2 weeks. I don't want to get a false positive but I really want to test. How long do you wait? Should I suck it up and wait until Thurs like I'm supposed to??
DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

Re: How soon is too soon?

• Options
    The trigger is usually out of your system within 10 days. Mine were always out a lot sooner. I always test early, so as long as you won't be devastated if you don't see a bfp, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd wait it out a couple of more days.
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Options
    My earliest BFP was at 9DPO...but I tested out my trigger...which was gone 8DPO. If you didn't test out your trigger I wouldn't POAS any earlier than 12DPO...just so you don't accidently get any left over trigger and get a false +. Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think if your trigger was 36 hours before your IUI that you would be safe now to test!  It is still early though so if you do not see a BFP, there is still plenty of hope! I havent gotten a bfp until 11 or 12 dpiui before!!  Good Luck!!
  • Options
    I almost never test b/c AF arrives before my test date-- plus I can't handle a BFN.  If you can handle a BFN-- knowing that it might be too early, go for it.  Lots of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Options
    I got my bfp at 10dpiui but I didn't have a trigger...like pp said, if its totally going to crush you and make you think there's no hope for this cycle, I'd wait a few more days but if you can handle it - I say go for it (this coming from the girl who alw
    TTC since 11/2009
    11/2010 DH SA good...01/2011 HSG is clear...01/2011 Consult with RE
    suprise BFP but m/c on 2/7/11
    03/2011 50 mg clomid=BFN
    04/2011 clomid+bromocriptine+IUI=BFP at 11dpiui
    Beta #1(11dpiui)=33, Beta #2 (13dpiui)=96, Beta #3 (20dpiui)=1910, Beta #4 (26dpiui)=20,134
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"