Babies: 3 - 6 Months

sleeping on side. ..

My DD is almost 5 months old and has started trying to sleep on her side.
She doesn't sleep well though because she rolls back onto her back and wakes up. Do you think it's safe to put a boppy pillow or something against her back to help her stay on her side? Makes me nervous about SIDS but I'm not sure what else to do to help her sleep. She has woken up 3 times in 2 hours because of it

Re: sleeping on side. ..

• I agree with PP. Sleep positioners of any kind are too risky.

My LO has been a side sleeper from day one. He's figured out a weird twisted position where his lower body is straight but he twists his upper body and head into a side sleeping positi

• I would not put anything in there.  Can you swaddle her?  My LO likes to push over on her side when she's not swaddled but when we swaddle her, it keeps her on her back/sleeping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • In the big picture, it will be short lived.  It just sucks to have to wake up so often in the mean time!

• I have 2 rolled up blankets under the crib sheet to keep LO on her back. Lately she has been sleeping on her side and her tummy and is rolling over them anyways. It worked for a while but ill have to get rid of them soon. Maybe you also have a tummy sleep
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What PPs said.  You'll just have to let your DD live with it until she figures it out.  DS started rolling back to tummy at 4 months and was crying/screaming because he didn't know how to roll the other way back.  After 3-4 long restless ni
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LimaDLimaD member

Thanks everyone! As a FTM I always wonder if I'm being overly paranoid about things.
    and luckily she's already getting the hang of it.

Oh, and to answer one of your questions, I only swaddle her from under her armpits and down (keep her arms

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"