Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Thumb Sucking

Does anyone else's LO suck their thumb constantly? I'm not opposed to it, she never took a paci, but sometimes wonder if its interfering with her night sleep. I glance at the video monitor during the night if I wake and sometimes see her sucking her thumb. Can she be doing this in her sleep??

She sucks her thumb to fall asleep for naps usually but I just wonder why if she's sleeping during the night I sometimes see her sucking. I guess she's still asleep though?

Re: Thumb Sucking

• Options
    I think thumb and pacifier sucking is soothing and can be done when totally asleep. My LO uses a pacifier and I can see her sucking when it seems like she is in a deep sleep.
  • Options
    DS will suck his thumb, but mainly it's his middle and index finger. Yes, he sucks them constantly. He got blisters on them from sucking so hard. He will even suck in his sleep. I'm sure your DD is still sleeping and sucking on her thumb. I wouldn't worry
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My LO has taken a binky since was born and uses it to fall asleep or when he just needs/wants to chill out.

He's only recently figured out how to get just his thumb in his mouth and goes back and forth between the bink and his thumb.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO dosn't particulary care for a paci either. While she is not sucking on her thumb, she does like to suck on her hand a lot lately. Your LO might just be doing this to self-soothe.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thanks all! I'm glad she has 'found' her thumb!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"