Natural Birth
Options

Posterior Baby and Spinning Babies

Hey ladies,

I'm starting to feel nervous about my LO being posterior and what it means for having a natural birth.  I'm going to talk to my midwife about it at our next appointment and see how long she'll let me labor, push, etc. since I know posterior babies can take a bit longer to come.

Anyway, my question is regarding spinning babies exercises.  I was reading that doing inversions etc. could help flip the baby, but I'm nervous that might make LO flip breech and not anterior.  Is this a possibility, or is it pretty unlikely?  

Thanks for your insight! 

Re: Posterior Baby and Spinning Babies

• Options
    I had an anterior placenta and was worried LO would be OP.  I spent a lot of time on my hands and knees in the 3rd tri.  I would watch TV leaning over a birthing ball.  While I was in labor my doula had me get into positions that were more
  • Options

Unlikely. The exercises on the site are good for turning as well as flipping - they just encourage proper positioning.

https://www.spinningbabies.com/techniques/tu

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chiro totally worked to reposition my op baby.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies - I guess I'm just nervous about getting a "times up" or "your labor has stalled" because baby just needs more time to turn or work it's way out.  I need to work through this w/ my MW to make sure we're on the same page.  And lu

• Options
    Rebozo sifting is what did it for me with my last child who kept going posterior. I went into labor that night once she flipped back to anterior, I had been having signs for days and she needed to get situated well. My labor was 2 hours.
  • Options
    I gave birth naturally (at home) to a posterior baby.  Of course, we didn't know he was posterior until he came out (although, my MW had an inkling since he was taking so long and I had back labor the whole time).  It can be done!  Are you
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"