TTC after 35

Hello! (an Intro)

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to finally be TTC'ing at the ripe old age of 35/36 (I'm the older one). H and I just got married on the 14th, and we're not waiting! We really want to have children and we're ready for them now. This is the first marriage for both of us, and we don't have any other children, though we are aunt and uncle to many kids and love them all.

My mom had a really hard time having children, and I'm worried I'll take after her. She had my brother at 32 and me at 37, with a late m/c in between. There were other early m/c's, but honestly I haven't asked for that history. Hopefully I'll take after my dad's side of the family, which is large and rife with twins.

We're only two cycles in at this point, and this is the first serious go at it. Last month I assumed I would O around CD14 and we planned around that, but nothing happened. I just started using OPK's this month. With a 27-day cycle, the kit told me to test at CD11, but I gave it a shot a day early and got my positive on CD10. The next day was negative. So we gave it a try on CD9 and CD10, when I had the EWCM, so maybe something will happen. H works 24s and won't be home until well past the O, so we can't go again for good measure this time.

I'm planning to buy a thermometer and chart BBT next month, but who knows... maybe I'll get lucky. 

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

Re: Hello! (an Intro)

• Welcome to the group.....I hope that your stay will be short and sweet but with lots of fun in the meantime!  ;)   Look forward to getting to know you and share in your TTC journey. 
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Welcome to the board! Lots of luck and baby dust! Here's hoping your stay is short and sweet, but I know you'll learn while you're here! I surely have!
                                     *******SIGGY WARNING/Chlidren mentioned***********

ME: 41 ----- DH: 43
                                                       MARRIED: 5/3/14
                                                   DS,17   DD,16   DD,12   DS,10
                                                               TR: 4-2-12
                                             TTC our 1st love child! No luck so far! 

• Loading the player...
  • Temping and cm are really important, not everyone woman has a 28 day cycle and stress/sickness etc can delay O so if you keep a close eye on cm you will start to know your patterns and once you see the rise in temp you know you have O'd but once y

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• QOTRQOTR member
    welcome and good luck
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Welcome!  

Is it weird and strange that I'm jealous of your EWCM?  Gross?  TMI?  Maybe that's the wine talking... :)

I hope your stay is short.  I have just started temping again this month as well.  

Goo

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Welcome!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageCheezeFace:

Is it weird and strange that I'm jealous of your EWCM?  Gross?  TMI?  Maybe that's the wine talking

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• imagevon1976:
    imageCheezeFace:</
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Welcome and congrats on your marriage! Good luck to you :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Welcome and Best of Luck!
    My Ovulation Chart Me-35, DH-39. TTC#1
  • welcome. 

this is a great group of funny and supportive women.

hope your stay is short.   good luck!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Best of luck to you :)
  • Welcome, fellow bicentennial baby! While your mom had issues, she also got successfully pregnant twice in her 30s; that seems awesome and I hope it bodes well for you!

Congratulations on your recent marriage! Where did you go on your honeymoon? H

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Welcome and congrats on your marriage. I wish you all the luck with your journey and lets hope yours is easier than your mom's. Best of luck
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome and Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"