Pre-School and Daycare

Working moms: I don't know how to do this

I work three days/week outside the house and DH and my office is an hour from home, so we're gone from 7:30 to 5:30 on workdays. DD doesn't have to start preschool this fall, but I'm starting to consider it more for her own sake, but can't seem to figure out how, logistically.

I'm also losing a babysitter in the fall, so I only have two of my three days covered starting in September. If you work and have more than one kid, how does it work out? I don't know if I should find someone to watch them both, see if a daycare/preschool type place will take them just one day/week or send DD to full-day preschool and DS to a different babysitter. I don't even know where to start!

TIA :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Working moms: I don't know how to do this

• AZ123AZ123 member
    We do a full time daycare/preschool where they both go.  They offer the extended hours and the flexibility for shifting work schedules and not a full 5 days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for some ideas, ladies. My mom and aunt watch them the other two days, so they would be fine with pick up/drop off if we do preschool. I guess my priority should be to figure out what to do with DS on that other day first!
  • Loading the player...
  • I only work PT about 2-3 days a week, but my schedule is crazy in that some are nights and some are days. So for us preschool is just preschool and not a place for the kids to be so that I can work. We have a nanny, but only use her about 4-5 days a month
  • Oy.  I hear you.  I have worked p/t since my daughter was born, so going on 13 years.  Cobbling together childcare and preschool can be a real challenge.  Here's what I'd do in your situation:

If the cost isn't too high to jus

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Ds is in preschool 2 full days a week.  I work 2 mornings a week, one of those is when ds is in school.  My mother will watch dd that day.  The other work day both of the kids go to my mom.
  • DD is 3 and in preschool and I'm due with our second in June.  I'm planning to take 6 months off for maternity leave, and then go back to work.  The plan for now is that DD will continue with preschool(part time while I'm home, full time when I
  • I only have one but if I had 2 I would still send them both to the same place.  DD goes to a child development center so they teach preschool and prepare kids for school but also provide childcare for younger kids,

• I do drop off, then I go to work. DH does pickup. We also have a babysitter for days where we can't pick up or drop off.
    m/c 2013
  • DH and I both work and we sent our girls to a daycare center that has a preschool.  They were open from something like 6:45am until 6pm.  We moved the girls to a PreK at the elementary school with the same hours the year before kindy and our ele
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • DH & I both work fulltime but DH's schedule is such that he's home a few days/week so the kids have always gone to an in-home daycare one or two days/week. DS1 is starting preschool in August. I had to choose a preschool that offered before/after

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"